Matagami

Ditch Banger

10 minutes ago, Ditch Banger said:

Just going to ride up the east side from Val dOr, Have lunch and ride down the otherside to Amos.Eskers is a little nicer than the Caribou. LOL

Eskers is the stop in Amos. For sure.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I was a betting man, I'd bet on it not getting rebuilt. The costs of building anything in Canada right now is ridiculous and when you add the remote location it would be that much worse.  I think most touring sledder's have and will continue to ride through to LSQ or Amos. That wouldn't help a new place survive.

5 hours ago, smclelan said:

Could a person ride from LSQ up to Matagami then down to Amos in a day?

That is exactly what I have scheduled for Jan.19

On 2/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, iceman said:

Eskers is the stop in Amos. For sure.

looks like Eskers is in the middle of the city.Can you get to it alright by sled.I'll be coming down from Matagami.Do they include breakfast

14 hours ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

looks like Eskers is in the middle of the city.Can you get to it alright by sled.I'll be coming down from Matagami.Do they include breakfast

You can ride up the river from where the trail 93 crosses the river to within a block of it.  It's on the trail guide, here's a link:   https://fcmq.fcmqapi.ca/fr/carte-cond.html#map

20 hours ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

We used the Amosphere while in Amos direct trail access with indoor sled compound, granted it was nothing special, but it was inside.

9 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

I though you were all crazy. I was thinking LSJ and not LSQ and thinking I sure don't want to do that ride with you in a day, lol

That’s funny…. Did that on my first visit to Chibougamau.  Left the chief’s place in La Dore, had lunch in Chibougamau and spent the night in LSQ.  

13 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

We used the Amosphere while in Amos direct trail access with indoor sled compound, granted it was nothing special, but it was inside.

Same here, only no dining on Sunday nights. Call in delivery only. At least the last time I was there.

Edited by doonali

Last year my wife and I rode from Temiscaming to Amos Friday. Amos to Matagami through LSQ. Gas station lunch and back to Eskers on Saturday. (Left our bags in the room....nice) Resturant at Eskers is fun and an indoor walk from the room. Sunday Amos to Temiscaming through Val dOr. Loaded up and drove home. 850 miles of great Abitibi running.