Garmin InReach Mini set up for use on a Snowmobile

Munson

Without a cell signal you can message 911, send and receive text messages and your family can track your movements from a computer at home.

I bought it for a snowmobile trip in Quebec but it was also useful when my son would ride by himself on Tug Hill - we could track his movements.

It requires an annual fee ($35??) and then a monthly fee during the riding season. I think we paid $15 a month for 3 months a year. There are different plans depending on your needs.

The Garmin Inreach plus the three Ram mount components would cost about $400 plus tax if purchased new.  I have a use for 2 of the 3 Ram components so if you dont want those I can lower the price and exclude them from the deal.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/592606

20200128_093533.jpg

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

I just sold this same set up. Awesome unit. I upgraded to the Montana with the inreach built in. The tracking feature is great. Everyone you wish can follow along. The SOS and texting are lifesavers. For real. 

Great set up. 

Somebody here on QR definitely needs this. 

Thanks for the plug.  I am getting out of the sport otherwise I would keep it. Even if I only use it one week a year in Quebec.

We've all had that experience where we are in trouble in the middle of nowhere and wondered what would happen if we needed help and couldn't call for it.  That's what prompted me to get this thing. Never had to use it except to tell my wife what I was up to. But it made me feel better just to have it with me.

I got out of the sport and no longer have a use for this thing.  Make me an offer.

It's hard to believe that nobody on here is looking for a little piece of mind and additional safety margin when out in the middle of nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a local Maine snowmobile club here Id love to buy this for.

From a recent conversation I had with their trailmaster large areas they groom there is no cell service and the huge concern is the volunteers most somewhat older are in big trouble if they break down in a groomer with no contact especially at night. Walking out is nearly impossible for them.

Munson please call or text me so I can buy this from you and donate it to their club. 207- 491- 0873 Mark 

Edited by EastMark

On 3/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, EastMark said:

From a recent conversation I had with their trailmaster large areas they groom there is no cell service and the huge concern is the volunteers most somewhat older are in big trouble if they break down in a groomer with no contact especially at night. Walking out is nearly impossible for them.

Munson please call or text me so I can buy this from you and donate it to their club. 207- 491- 0873 Mark 

WOW, That's a great idea!

Nice

GutZ

On 3/3/2022 at 9:44 PM, EastMark said:

What a great donation to make to a snowmobile club. My hat is off to you sir!