Right not left people

PMAC

Currently on our 5th day riding here in the Gaspie Bay and the amount of sleds I have met and followed that don’t know their right from their left is quite alarming.People there are sleds going both directions so please stay right not in the middle or cut corners on the inside.If you have to cut every corner you should slow down or learn to ride so you can stay on your side .The groomer operators put a lot of time in making the trails wide so why only use 4 feet of it ?

Edited by PMAC

39 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I hate to say it but long after everyone on this board is 6 ft under they will still be doing the same. Like so many other things in this world that will never change.

You can’t fix stupid

I can’t figure it out, pretty clear the consequences of not staying right, sad situation for the people doing the right think especially out in the bush with no help…people should throw their keys away when ever they have the chance…. That should become standard practice… or take their gas cap away

unbelievable cannot express how much safer I feel a couple hundred miles out in the bush away from these folks with no experience ...may heart goes out to this gentleman...and he's sorry the engine will arrive late??? I hope he has a complete recovery...seen way too many accidents over the years and it always leaves me with a bad taste...stay right and be safe

I feel for the guy, especially as I \ We are getting older and not as fast to heal.....I'm even worried taking Mini to Maine Next weekend, he passed the safety courses and you ask him, he says Ride Right, we've ridden on trails around Greylock in Mass and he does well.... but... what about the other guy?!

Stay Safe 

GutZ

Distancing 

Myself 

From  

The 

Following 

Comments

It is just my skewed view..... Rattling in my head.....

Anyways the good news is that some low mile used G4 900 Ace Renegade parts about to hit the market..... too soon???

If they can’t make your turns while staying on the right side of the trail…they need to slow down!  The trails are not a closed course track.  Just this morning on Tug Hill, went out for a short ride before the trails are closed.  Almost got clipped by one of these types. 

Chris - Maddie’s South in Dansville is not too far from you.  Tell the guy to relax, you’ll pick it up.

And if all this aint bad enough......hot of the Rochester, NY news press:

we have all seen pics of smashed snowmobiles before but holy SHIT !!!

God bless their souls. I'll bet it was over real quick.

WHECTV
Updated: March 04, 2022 10:47 AM
Created: March 04, 2022 10:38 AM

MONTAGUE, N.Y. (WHEC) - Two men were kiled when their snowmobiles crashed head-on early Friday morning in the Tug Hill. 

New York State Police say 44-year-old Charles Eldred, Jr. of Canandaigua and 64-year-old Nicholas Klym of N.J. were pronounced dead at the scene.  

Troopers say the crash occurred at 12:45 a.m. on a trail along Rector Road in Montague, Lewis County.   They believe Klym failed to keep right at the crest of a small hill.   

The investigation is ongoing.  

snowmobile-crash.jpg

17 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

And if all this aint bad enough......hot of the Rochester, NY news press:

we have all seen pics of smashed snowmobiles before but holy SHIT !!!

God bless their souls. I'll bet it was over real quick.

WHECTV
Updated: March 04, 2022 10:47 AM
Created: March 04, 2022 10:38 AM

MONTAGUE, N.Y. (WHEC) - Two men were kiled when their snowmobiles crashed head-on early Friday morning in the Tug Hill. 

New York State Police say 44-year-old Charles Eldred, Jr. of Canandaigua and 64-year-old Nicholas Klym of N.J. were pronounced dead at the scene.  

Troopers say the crash occurred at 12:45 a.m. on a trail along Rector Road in Montague, Lewis County.   They believe Klym failed to keep right at the crest of a small hill.   

The investigation is ongoing.  

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/snowmobile-crash.jpg.dec243091db8caa99764d178c6885947.jpg

Nothing good happens on trail at night.

They must of been going really fast. I've been on that road, it's a road not a trail, and I don't know why they didn't see each others lights coming.  I really feel sorry for them and their families.  This is not good. 

I don't go there but have heard they have some really good trails to ride on. Just not enough area. 

God be good to them.  

I

I have as many years in this sport as just about anyone on here ....or more.....today my friend lost his 21 year old son to an accident on Tug Hill...a few weeks after purchasing a camp up there...I just posted about that bad taste these accidents can leave you with...this is the closest to home for me....certainly leaves you  with some time for thought...this is a great recreational sport...albeit it can be a dangerous one as well....everyone be safe...

As someone who has travelled Rector rd. oodles of times (mostly years ago) I dont understand it either. Sometimes when you THINK you will be able to see headlights far, far in advance they just APPEAR out of nowhere. I have noticed this more recently in the last couple years and wonder if it is my age creeping up on me. Other times it's the terrain or specific hill/curve that blinds it out. Running back to LeCabanon from the dam on a saturday night is a textbook case for what I'm trying to say. I'm fortunate that my later years of snowmobiling is mostly all in the bush. Andre's camp to Repos/Kanawata/Casey/Gouin/Parent/Wemo. And even though that is where I spend HOURS/MILES upon "hours/miles" and NEVER see anyone,  I NEVER loose thought of the reality that someone is coming the other way. Day or night !!! I scold myself if I ever drift or take a corner faster than conditions/ability allow and breach the other side of the trail. Dodging people out in the bush (sometimes) is actually scarier in some sense. People get "lulled" into driving miles upon miles and never seeing someone makes them think that no one is ever coming. They get more comfortable and ride faster & faster. And when they doo...... cross paths it's often "anarchy".  I'm to the point in recent years that when I cross the first rider I calculate (in split seconds) what I'm dealing with. A lead guy should be in control no matter how fast they are going. Plus you get a quick glance of the sled and rider which WILL tell you a lot. Everyone knows what I'm talking about. If the first dude is standing up, has a mohawk or helmet cam on your usually in trouble for what is coming next. If it's a two/up with a taboggan its a different hazard. If it's an animal a different scenario. In recent years (at least the last two) I have come to a FULL STOP on a blind corner and parked the sled up on the bank waiting for the next guys coming. And sure as shit have sat there and watched douchebag after douchebag cut a corner so fast and out of control that we surely would have had an accident like the one last night on Tug Hill. I often wonder what those DOUCHEBAGS think when they see me parked (damn near in the tree's) sticking my arms out like....WTF ...are you doing as they mindlessly rip by.  I would have NEVER made it this far unscathed if not for ALWAYS thinking about the other guy and what lies just over that hill or corner. 

My heart goes out to the local guy in Canadaigua near my home. It was obviously a horrific crash and over real quick. May God rest their souls and peace upon their families. 

Another couple pics of the crash scene. Have you EVER seen a more somber police officer and firefighter ? 

62223393571c4.image.jpg

622235b8d9259.image.jpg

Saw more than a few that take there half out of the middle this week. Bid accident just below Le Tape on thursday, head on, small bridge. Cops and rescue at road crossing, 20 miles south we see rescue sled towing a covered rescue buggy, no info on how they are, but there was enough room for 2 sleds on that bridge. Slow down if you cant stay right?