Just throwin this out there....

snowmaster2112

Our last planned trip to the motherland has gotten foiled at the last moment. Quebec Bob, myself and Jeffrey were going to go to Andre's camp this Saturday for 4 days with a night at Haltaparche in the middle. Bob has had to bail due to work commitments and can't go. So being that my sled is a boat anchor at the moment and Bob was bringing a spare that leaves two guys and one sled. 

The plan was to arrive at Mattawin or Lecabanon this Saturday by late morning and head to the camp. It is 50 miles from Mattawin to the camp and 75 miles from Le Cabanon. We were going to spend sat/sun night there, up to Haltaparche monday night (shower) and back to the camp Tuesday night. Wednesday morning out of camp and back to truck.

We are trying to come up with something short notice but not having a lot of luck. Renting is really not conducive from our launch point nor makes fiscal sense because we are not going to be doing a lot of miles this trip. 500 or less would be my guess.  Plan was to drive my truck with Jeffrey's Yamaha in the back.

I have not missed a March ride in Quebec except last (Covid) year in 20yrs but it's looking like it's gonna happen two years in a row now.

I figured I would throw this on QR as anyone reading this here knows my back round and I know they are a serious sledder as well just by being on this site.

So if anyone has the time and at least a 500cc fan cooled (reliable) extra sled (i would buy trail pass w/insurance) and wants to tag along with the above itinerary get ahold of me ASAP. We are near Rochester, NY and travel 90/81/401 to get to Quebec.

Rest assured, it will not be boring as none of our trips ever are. We strive to have fun, fun ,fun  and trouble free trips.

2 hours ago, Snohorse said:

I could be your huckleberry. Have two late model 850s and trailer in Quebec. Problem is Brenda won't let me back in  !!!!!

Better start digging out now

maybe by May might get trailer open

17 minutes ago, skidoo420 said:

I’m going to RDL I could bring a sled there for you. Or meet up in two weeks in matawin

Appreciate that but RDL is way too far for me and only have limited days off. Would love to do the Gaspe as I havnt been there in about 4 yrs now.  Two weeks from now in Mattawin is anyone's guess on conditions. 

Thanks guys I REALLY APPRECIATE the offers but Jeffrey and I just talked a moment ago and sadly agreed to bag the trip.

The “nail in the coffin”.......turns out to be....nonetheless AGAIN.....that WHORE Mother Nature!!!!!

We have the “window” of after work this Friday till not having to be back to work until Thursday morning. But the “WHORE” wants to throw a snowstorm on our 500+ mile drive day. Even if we tried to push it off for wed/Thurs/fri next week the “WHORE” intervenes AGAIN with 40F+ temps the whole time.

i always hate when you finally realize your season is over. Especially when you were on the cusp of one last good ride.

well......time to start thinking and preparing for next season...... 

5 hours ago, ChrisWright said:

Sorry Chris, you're not alone, my entire season this year has been a let down from all directions.  Hopefully our finale to Wyoming next weekend will be a redemption.  You are welcome to fly out and join us there!

I hope you guys have a BLAST out there. I went to Yellowstone back in 97 & 99 for a week. This was back when you could go alone unfretted into the park by yourself on a 2-stroke.  Flew into Bozeman both times. Have very fond memories of both trips. And here is a pic of us on our 600 Arctic Cat Powder specials which we rode. I am on far right. In 99 we got Yamaha 700 Mountain Max sleds I believe. Make DAMN sure you send pics and do a report on here while you guys are out there !!!

unnamed (1).jpg