Joliette/St-Zenon/Mattawin north-south loop video ride report March 13, 2022

towing

Here our last ride, Sunday March 13, 2022.

carte(16).jpg

Time flies! we are already at mid march and having a very good snow cover with a fully operational trail network in my area,  it was a perfect timing to ride this Lanaudière/Mauricie 280 miles loop,  a classic one day ride for us that we had not did yet this season. 

Here is a first video of the ride from St-Thomas to the Cabanon in St-Zénon

And here a second one from Cabanon to Marineau in Trois-Rives (Mattawin) where we stop for lunch at 1:15pm with 155 miles done

We took a good lunch break at Marineau and headed back south. Very good conditions up to the St-Maurice river which was also very nice and fast

DSC05478.JPG

There was a kite kite festival in Grande-Pile on the St-Maurice river

DSC05487.JPG

DSC05491.JPG

From Lac à la Tortue to Gabelle crossing the trail was bumpy but we met 2 groomers there who were at work

DSC05507.JPG

Gabelle crossing was good and coming back to the west the fields were very windy and there was a lot of loose powder on the trail which slowed our pace a bit. We met Berthier's dozer on #3 trail who gave us a much appreciated last break

DSC05524.JPG

And here is a last video of our afternoon.

I don't know what mother nature have for us ahead for the next days but at least the snow cover for the date is excellent!!! It's the time of the year that some outfitters will begin to shutdown some services so just do your homeworks before the ride depending where you go. I know Kanawata just closed the kitchen and accomodation but gaz still available. Repos is still fully operational up to next weekend at least... 

Leave you this link for more details https://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions/

Alain

2 hours ago, towing said:

so just do your homeworks before the ride depending where you go...Leave you this link for more details https://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions/

This will be more & more common:

General conditions: Excellent, Very good

State of trails: Wet snow, Good ground coverage

Notice to users: Be careful on the sides of the road! Have a good season ending.

Alain mon ami 

we all cant thank you enough for all the photos/videos/trip reports over the years. You (and your equipment) have risen to a level that NO ONE will ever match. 

You are a special breed (and Kristine) and I'm glad to call you both "my friends" . Missed you this year but NOT next. Gonna get you guys up at the end of the M21 someday no matter what . 

God Speed mon ami  !!!!

On 3/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, PLAYHARD said:

BEAUTEOUS!

Merci!

On 3/16/2022 at 12:44 AM, PLAYHARD said:

This will be more & more common:

General conditions: Excellent, Very good

State of trails: Wet snow, Good ground coverage

Notice to users: Be careful on the sides of the road! Have a good season ending.

You are welcome PLAYHARD! Mother nature have breath really warm on us today and this for a few days ahead on the forecast... I don't think the south trails will survive to this, hope the north trails will with the good snow cover they have... have to wait and see

On 3/16/2022 at 8:04 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Alain mon ami 

we all cant thank you enough for all the photos/videos/trip reports over the years. You (and your equipment) have risen to a level that NO ONE will ever match. 

You are a special breed (and Kristine) and I'm glad to call you both "my friends" . Missed you this year but NOT next. Gonna get you guys up at the end of the M21 someday no matter what . 

God Speed mon ami  !!!!

Thank you for the good words Chris! All of those who post ride report here have their own different touch which make each interesting in a different way but all very enjoyable to read and your own real time ride reporting is absolutely outstanding, impossible for me to match this: each post is a slice of adventure and we just wait for the next!!!

Yes we will have to plan something together next season, we will keep in touch...

I think of your Goldwing motor problem this last week, a guy that I chat with over facebook have a twin of my ride partner's enduro and was telling me that he got a sudden overheating problem that develop on his 38K kms 900 ace enduro recently. Long story short it was a plastic drive gear failure that drive both the oil and water pump...he also told me, and this is the interesting part, that when this happened there was no more oil on the dipstick!!! the loss of drive of the oil pump make the oil not returning in the reservoir where is the dipstick and staying in the bottom motor base...His dealer said him it is a typical symptom of a plastic drive gear failure

I'm not sure it work the same way in the 1200 but it surely sounds similar at what you got...

Think snow my friend! 

Edited by towing