One more time

Je me souviens

The Mrs. said she wanted to get out on the trails one more time.  She didn’t have to twist my arm too hard…😎.  We hit the road Monday night after work and headed back to Sainte Anne du Lac.  We are usually stuck riding weekends, so it was nice to take a mid week ride.  Tuesday morning we took 319 over to Mekoos, up 53 to 100 Lacs for brunch then back down to SADL by way of JB Scott.  160 miles.  Wednesday morning we did the exact same thing in reverse order.  The scenery was just as nice the opposite way.  Plenty of snow left.  Here are the pics.

53D82327-B9E8-4364-AAAF-8B3CEAD21615.jpeg

A282F1F4-7944-4615-A818-8D9A5D10DC67.jpeg

243D10E9-A83E-46DA-B019-64C50B144C66.jpeg

F9C25915-6E21-4E22-AB70-544B980A3F0B.jpeg

The name of the place in SADL is Relais du Touriste.  It may not be 5 stars but it checks all the boxes for me.  Safe place to park, restaurant on site and access to a multitude of trails.  If you have the option, ask for the inside rooms, they are a little fresher on the updates.  I believe the new owner is also renting Steve’s old house that they call a condo, but I have not been in it myself.  The Facebook page for the local club has advertised chalets for rent this season.  Club de motoneige Piteman.  One thing I will caution you about is if the rain is not followed by some snow, the lake you use to get out of town is large, so that may raise hell with the slides and/or engine temperature of the sled if there is no lubrication left on top of the ice.  I ran into that a few years ago after a mid season warm up.  I ended up having to let her cool off mid lake.  The Mrs. was not impressed. 😇

so glad you guys got another run in. Remember meeting/chatting with you guys two years ago on the road outside Parent. Hope to run into each other again for a longer visit. Here a pic taken about an hour ago 100 yards or so from the Giraldo Dam on the 345

unnamed (2).jpg