Last ride of season

1 hour ago, 2018RENAGADEXRS850 said:

Thank you where would you suggest we start from? Auberge KM31 looks good. Can we do loops from there or is saddlebagging best?

Personally, I would look pretty hard at the 7 day forcasts for both areas and if you decide to chance it. With the mild weather forcast, I would only do loops so you aren't a far distance from your trailer if trails all of a sudden close. Hope you have ski wheels because the streets, gas stations and some roads will be bare no doubt. Good luck.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Ok thank you! We don’t have ski wheels and booked KM 31 for 3 nights for our last ride. If anyone could post their experience of there stay here it would be greatly appreciated. What are the trails like in this area. We heard it’s best to avoid on the weekends so plan to trailer home on Saturday.

Naturally, weekend congestion rules apply 3x, as area options become more limited.

Stay somewhere that'll hold your truck/trailer keys, in case you want them to hire someone to come retrieve you.

We're looking at riding out of Riviere du Loop for a Gaspésie loop, and St Felician for Pacman'ing up & over Lac St Jean (but don't go telling anybody).

14-Day forecasts courtesy of Iceman Productions Ltd...

https://www.meteomedia.com/ca/tendance-meteo-14-jours/quebec/saint-felicien

https://www.meteomedia.com/ca/tendance-meteo-14-jours/quebec/matane

Please pardon here, if you already know:

Always always always stay glued to grooming updates, every morning after 7:00am, on iMoto or the same on the FCMQ interactive map:

https://fcmq.qc.ca/en/snowmobilers/imotoneige/

https://fcmq.fcmqapi.ca/carte-motoneige/indexen.html#map

Click on the snowflake icon in the upper right corner, then click on "Grooming"

Just got in from a week on the Gaspe… RDL is black top now… tons and I mean tons in the mountains… very best place to launch from… LaCache… I know it sounds crazy… but it very true…. I will do a trip report Sunday… it was a last minute decision for me when  I was offered a pick up at my shop from a friend in NYC…12 hour ride in a storm to get there… epic trip… maybe best ever… some places in the mountains were drifted 20 ft high… there’s lots of snow up there… just have to get there… Murdochville is also a good spot to start

Got back from a week in Quebec Wednesday.   Started at the Roquemont and rode up to the Delta, over to KM31 and back TQ 3 and the Richelieu.    Probably 4 feet of snow along the trails.   No dirt on the trails.   Even Quebec City had good coverage.   The season is still going strong there.   

5 hours ago, 2018RENAGADEXRS850 said:

Ok thank you! We don’t have ski wheels and booked KM 31 for 3 nights for our last ride. If anyone could post their experience of there stay here it would be greatly appreciated. What are the trails like in this area. We heard it’s best to avoid on the weekends so plan to trailer home on Saturday.

KM31 is basic but a favorite of ours because of the location.  The food is good.  We rode 93 to Sacre Couer-great trail.   The Pelchat Trail is recommended if the weather is good.  I wouldn’t do it in a storm.   The local trail to Onatchiway is usually good but we didn’t get up there last week.   Generally, the local trails are great.   

19 minutes ago, Grampsledder said:

Got back from a week in Quebec Wednesday.   Started at the Roquemont and rode up to the Delta, over to KM31 and back TQ 3 and the Richelieu.    Probably 4 feet of snow along the trails.   No dirt on the trails.   Even Quebec City had good coverage.   The season is still going strong there.   

Wow, thank you for this information. I heard the delta is a good place to start from. I met a older gentleman named Bill at the Toronto snowmobile show a few years ago that was endorsing this property. He was not French but from Maine if I remember correctly.I will check to see the trail conditions maybe that would be a great starting point. 

Ty again for all the information here!

In Mont Joli now. Just finished up our 5 day loop in the Gaspe. Riding Tuesday until today, Saturday. Conditions were excellent everywhere. Went counter clockwise so they had time to groom things back into shape after major storm last Saturday and Sunday.

A ton snow here. Looking at the present forecast there should be another two weeks of riding here.

8 hours ago, smclelan said:

Just missed you Fuse6, we are in New Richmond tonight.  Trails in the Gaspesie are excellent. Saw around Rimouski things were getting delicate. 

When we were down there we discovered Auberge Marchand in Maria. Great spot and restaurant. La Francis was full.

Also found the Mont Joesph lookout just north of the Carleton clubhouse.

Beautiful spot don’t ever hear mentioned.

Have a great ride

my dilema is how long will they tipically keep the faith.as next weeks temp,look more condusive for grooming than this up-coming week?1700 miles of blacktop is a hard way to find out when they are going to toss in the towel.it is typical for them to go to the end of march im sure as there is definately the snow cover.      Ive have cold feet on this one,!!!!

Just got back from four day trip up in Lac St Jon, and Mt Valin area.

Stayed in Lac Bouchette our last night, truck was in Matawin, checking Thursday night noticed Trail CLOSED from La Tuque to Matawin, we had to add 70 miles to our run before our four hour ride home, not a big deal the trails were very good.

Watch the trail reports, that gave us time to go to plan B to get back to the truck.

I don't know what the heck they are going to do with all the snow they have.

Easter in Mt Valin, sound pretty good!

Stay Safe

2 hours ago, mccaffrey said:

Just got back from four day trip up in Lac St Jon, and Mt Valin area.

Stayed in Lac Bouchette our last night, truck was in Matawin, checking Thursday night noticed Trail CLOSED from La Tuque to Matawin, we had to add 70 miles to our run before our four hour ride home, not a big deal the trails were very good.

Watch the trail reports, that gave us time to go to plan B to get back to the truck.

I don't know what the heck they are going to do with all the snow they have.

Easter in Mt Valin, sound pretty good!

Stay Safe

Pat, you got lucky. 355 from Lac Brouchette to Lac Edourd shows closed this morning? Cant be a snow issue.