Ender Spring Fling 22’

iceman

20 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Locked & loaded!  Westbound & down on the black-trail!  Destination Universel RDL!

Our nouvel ami Roger's wheeling the Mopar Bighorn & cranking the classic C&W on 105.3!

Somebody’s being towed…;$/@&!!…… sorry to see that happening to you guys…. No way to end the season…. Hope you guys had a great trip just the same

13 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

;$/@&!!…… sorry to see that happening to you guys…. No way to end the season…. Hope you guys had a great trip just the same

Thanks Robert!  All good!  We have quick recovery reflexes down pat!  Kinda gotta in this game right?

For sure, it helps to have a nature of flexibility & sense of humor (and spare equipment in RDL)!

Anyway, was it over when the German bombed Pearl Harbor?  

11 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Hey JG! We're sorry we missed too! Raincheck for bacon pizza!

We need to plan better! And stick to our plans when the universe allows it!

On trail photography, we've had excellent mentoring right here, so thank you! 

Sorry, can't critique the local surfacing, very distracted today.

But we can definitely say the bar has been set extremely high!

Salud!

salut playhard !!!

yaa...just too bad...

when the  pm has been sent , i was having a few '' beverages ''...then supper ...and watched my favorite tv show......pekin express....

pics at the '' school bus ''....yesterday morning

jean-guy

DSC_6102.JPG

DSC_6114.JPG

On 3/25/2022 at 9:06 AM, Snohorse said:

Off to the races  Day 5  8:41 am. Headed 5W 

Arrived Amqui  @ 1:36.  Andre Halle BRP dealer for John's shock. Grommers family owned state of the art facility. Fantastic service help they provided to us over the many years of Touring. Thx

Thinking probably still in service shop 3:08 no movement.

bonjour snohorse !!!

happy for john !!! 

felix and phil are my nephews....

sons of my youngest sister and the oldest of my brother

jean-guy

DSC_6076.JPG

DSC_6081.JPG

27 minutes ago, Snohorse said:

Play hard fortunately has 5 yes 5 back ups !! 🤣

I always keep a good back up.. season is too short to miss when something breaks… that’s why I try to trade one sled up every 3rd season and stay in warranty

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Thanks Robert!  All good!  We have quick recovery reflexes down pat!  Kinda gotta in this game right?

For sure, it helps to have a nature of flexibility & sense of humor (and spare equipment in RDL)!

Anyway, was it over when the German bombed Pearl Harbor?  

great movie...and you really need that mentality when shit goes wrong on the trail, funny shit in this clip...I remember it like it was yesterday

25 March Friday

Woke to 1.5-2” fresh snow not fluffy as the snow on Northshore and at elevation. Gear up and we put on our snowmobiles. Ready to run. Decent start for us, we need to be in Amqui by 1pm for shock job at Ski Doo. As mentioned by Snohorse awesome group here in Amqui, Matane and they have a shop In Rimouski. I actually ordered shocks through James in Matane they were shipped to Amqui from Montreal. I arranged with Julie at Amqui in parts and we got a 1pm slot. On the way out of Carelton it’s cloudy not snowing at all. 5 is real decent and we run back west to the same gas station we topped off at last night. It’s been a few years since I ran this section. The trail 5 is rerouted as I see by the Gas in Nouvelle that the single wide suspension bridge is gone just the poles on each side remain. Do not remember hearing anything about this. Oh well. Gas and Go. We got gas until Albertville comfortably now we can make Amqui maybe depending on snow and thumb usuage. 5 still real nice 2-3 snow up higher away from towns. We catch up to a single rider plugging along. After a few minutes he chooses a place and we get by. Up ahead further we are seeing stange ZIG ZAG ski marks at the road crossings. Someone intentionally leaving a signal. We continue west we see ahead a guy alone stopped way right tucked in trees smart man as now it is snowing and windy too. He gives us a big smile and thumbs up he is all good. I tell John that guy is waiting for the slower one back there that we passed. He thinks maybe but I am sure. On we go. Snowing but enjoyable. Loving the 1.6 on this Apex. Night and Day. First road crossing no zig zag marks. I say again the guys are together behind us. Seeming I am right. 20 minutes later John says sled passing me. Ok. I see him coming. I am in no real hurry, I wave him on. He is hauling it, on the right. And going. I run a corner or two with him but he is fast. You go boy. He did. Next road crossing?....?... yup zig zags on ground far side of road. My hunch confirmed. Pretty damn smart him leaving those marks for as it turns out is his 82yr old partner Phil. The Jackrabbit running point then leaving signs for Phil to follow to where he safely pulls over and waits is John two great guys we chatted with in Amqui. From Vermont. Hope to see them soon here on QR. 

We see Jackrabbit (john we know now) waiting again we pass by. In L’alverne we take orange shortcut. Fresh snow here and still snowing and windy. Exciting but fun and not a giant blizzard but definitely some vis issues. Shortcut is mint fresh snow on top but ripping. Hell of a run through there. Back to 5 excellent here as well. Snow getting stickier. We run up into Albertville and gas behind the Clubhouse. We are in JG territory. John pulling in he says on radio, David has no headlights. Ok hmm. 

My man playhard pulls up and says “dude I got Issues.” Now we all have issues. But his were of the electical sort. Might not have this in correct order however events transpired somewhat like, Code 46 on Dash(system not charging) the. EPS light. Lost Power Steering, then headlights and black dask, oh before or during most of this Its also causing GPS to loose power. Still running at the Gas sounds good.Hmmm? Fresh heavy snow here six inches or so at least. Wet heavy. 

Try for Amqui?

Call it here get him in a truck? We are at the road here. People nearby I could surely have found a truck from there to Amqui. 

Hmmm tough call.

25 March Friday continues 

We are going. John takes off to stay on beat to make the 1pm rendezvous. David is with him I finish paying for the gas and I am sweeping things up now. John can run to dealer ahead I am behind David just in case. In case came quick we could not have been 5km from Albertville. I round corner David is stopped John there pulling side cover. I arrive and tell John to beat feet. He been riding 2 days plus with poched shock he needs to make it for 1pm. Playhard aint going nowhere yet. Its stone cold dead. Out comes the tow equipment. Nice setup Playhard had. Around ski loops then two basically tie strap buckles that loop around bumper of towing service. I have done my share of towing. I been pulled into Clova once but we were close. Nonetheless thanks to NHmoose he towed my 2008 Apex into town. This is my first pull of a fellow Apex an XTX. Lincoln Town Car. We get it hooked. I pulled the belt. We go short distance then readjust our straps so they are equal lenghth. I don’t like that we are really close. One wrong move he is on top of my rear tunnel extension. But it works well. Teamwork. We are ready, its snowing and almost mixed with some rain now. We ease off. I got a serious load on. We go well but it’s apparent it will be tough in this fresh wet snow. Frozen trail February. No problems. Towing through this hmmm. Tough going. First Road we come to we stop. Playhard is instantly Navigating. Ski Doo Amqui to the right 3.2 crow miles. Road is snowy its a secondary road we decide to go for it. I know full well we can get close but for sure it means running up the 132 through town towing in taffic. No real issues on snowy road. One hill I underestimated and did not get my speed up to get a run at it but we make up.

Next one I am ready for no worries. Sure enough we arrive to fully plowed blacktop RT195 we need to go up 195 then hit 132. To reach Ski Doo. I am not a happy camper being on the 132. But we are getting there. We had wheels down now and going is nice and smooth. We blend into traffic like we belong and cruise on up had to wait in traffic at one red light. But just ahead is destination. In we roll 2:15. John being service. Stephan and Jeremy speak english in service and Playhard is already on it talking with these boys to see who they can find to truck him and tge Apex to RDL tonight or Tomorrow. John sled is all buttoned up. And jeremy is waiting for some calls back to confirm this transport. He comes out and he has Roger ready to go Sat 9am. They will load apex into Rogers truck tonight at Ski Doo and scheduled pick up is 9am for David at Selectotel. Awsome. 

Raining out now not pouring but steady wet. John and I bee line to Hotel shocks he said feel great. Too wet to play. Bags soaked time to get inside. 

Great trails really all day. Happy. We will overcome. We always do. 

John and I will ride to RDL thru Cabano 

Join David in RDL and keep this going.