Ender Spring Fling 22’

iceman

Always top notch service at Andre Halle Skidoo, Friday afternoon no exception. They are much bigger than days of old, and a small chain now, went above and beyond. Many thanks!

I borrowed Icemans spare Sena S20 helmet radio for this trip, makes it much easier to make good time without needing to stop each time a simple communication is needed. 

Shell gas at Cabano is a mess, there is no longer a “trail”, you have to run the road from the Metro supermarket parking down to the Shell. Wheels down, no problem. Seems each time I deploy the wheels I say in my head…these thing pay for themselves each time you use them 👍

Overall another great day, no whooped out sections, no bare spots, a few dark spots here and there but all still snow/ice covered.

Even into RDL Universal, the recent snow created a layer of white all the way in.

It will deteriorate fast starting with a paved areas and South facing hills, but for now it’s still extremely rideable, even at low elevations. Of course once the grooming stops, that will be the end as well.

Today we were hauling, no stops for scenery photos so you get pics of when we were stopped trailside pit stops:

D89FD5AB-20FB-41CD-9460-BC198E99ED81.jpeg

FB710D61-141B-4F78-A1B3-F9DAC53CEBFC.jpeg

EA0F5156-848A-4ED0-92B6-064B443BB149.jpeg

911A944E-C9B5-4CFC-BB24-C3615C2FD977.jpeg

Edited by NH-Moose

6 hours ago, NH-Moose said:

Always top notch service at Andre Halle Skidoo, Friday afternoon no exception. They are much bigger than days of old, and a small chain now, went above and beyond. Many thanks!

I borrowed Icemans spare Sena S20 helmet radio for this trip, makes it much easier to make good time without needing to stop each time a simple communication is needed. 

Shell gas at Cabano is a mess, there is no longer a “trail”, you have to run the road from the Metro supermarket parking down to the Shell. Wheels down, no problem. Seems each time I deploy the wheels I say in my head…these thing pay for themselves each time you use them 👍

Overall another great day, no whooped out sections, no bare spots, a few dark spots here and there but all still snow/ice covered.

Even into RDL Universal, the recent snow created a layer of white all the way in.

It will deteriorate fast starting with a paved areas and South facing hills, but for now it’s still extremely rideable, even at low elevations. Of course once the grooming stops, that will be the end as well.

Today we were hauling, no stops for scenery photos so you get pics of when we were stopped trailside pit stops:

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/D89FD5AB-20FB-41CD-9460-BC198E99ED81.thumb.jpeg.7ae77a43fe0ae49c98f3c8069b25e51b.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/FB710D61-141B-4F78-A1B3-F9DAC53CEBFC.thumb.jpeg.f2e0af6e2ceb34207b8b409083d0c2ae.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/EA0F5156-848A-4ED0-92B6-064B443BB149.thumb.jpeg.9d637ed73b8a16b0cb1b138eb9fbc0d1.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/911A944E-C9B5-4CFC-BB24-C3615C2FD977.thumb.jpeg.37e3d1cc29d3c0b633e96724b5e64ca9.jpeg

bonjour nh-moose !!!

happy for you !!!

it makes life and trip easier for you and the group !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6020.JPG

DSC_6174.JPG

7 hours ago, NH-Moose said:

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/D89FD5AB-20FB-41CD-9460-BC198E99ED81.thumb.jpeg.7ae77a43fe0ae49c98f3c8069b25e51b.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/FB710D61-141B-4F78-A1B3-F9DAC53CEBFC.thumb.jpeg.f2e0af6e2ceb34207b8b409083d0c2ae.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/EA0F5156-848A-4ED0-92B6-064B443BB149.thumb.jpeg.9d637ed73b8a16b0cb1b138eb9fbc0d1.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/911A944E-C9B5-4CFC-BB24-C3615C2FD977.thumb.jpeg.37e3d1cc29d3c0b633e96724b5e64ca9.jpeg

Nice ride guys! What wheels do you have installed. Never thought I would want them but I said same thing when reverse, mirrors,  heated hand grips, heated seat came out. Once you got em you cant go without.

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

On the black trail going to a new location… hopefully another week of adventure is in front of you… I should have stayed another week… taking a month next season.., things will be back to normal… too much snow to quit now… going to be a long summer

58 minutes ago, NH-Moose said:

John, water has contaminated your wheel bearing grease… marine grease is a different animal and repels water… you will have to replace the seals and repack the bearings for next season…I carry a spare hub incase that happens on the road 

26 March Saturday 

Time to wrap this segment up. After a painfully slow brakfast at hotel. Sat down 7:30 food arrived 8:45. Looonnnngggg. Roger arrived he will chauffeur Playhard to RDL with the stricken machine. 9:00 or so we part ways. The team is now 2 on white trail one black trail. NHmoose and I pull out of Amqui and snow is wet and pushy but still nice. We take 5 to 587 i know I won’t remember all the numbers but we are headed back through Redemption and Biencourt and Degellis to Cabano on in to RDL. Mix of everything today but good conditions some better than others but the 35 was stellar. More traffic today Saturday as expected but all headed east it seems. Super day yes very confusing set up to gas in Cabano. I been there before but trail was not existing to get to gas. Road was it. Great snow still everywhere. 85 up to RDL choppy but it gets alot of traffic. No bare spots anywhere we went all week. Yes parking lots and near road crossings getting skinny but it’s still on. Into RDL very happy and great ride in this region all week. Hockey has the hotel full and quite a few sleds and still alot of trailers. Playhard has the broken arrow loaded and we button things up. 

Travel day tomorrow.

27 March Sunday 

West bound from RDL light flurries all night probably almost 2” new snow. Black trail is wet but not slick. Back to Quebec City over the bridge and east to 73/175 Direction Saguenay LSJ. Smooth ride uo through L’etape and across 169 by Mont Apica and then west again to St Felicien. Colder up here wind biting cold. Much colder than any day over in Gaspe. Lunch St Hubert in Roberval. We leave there last short leg to St Felicien. Taking it easy as wind is pushing the trailer around here a bit. My phone is ringing. It’s a text. Audio message. It’s Mrs. Ice telling me to hit the gas as I am holding up traffic. We have her back. She is with us for 2 days to knock the cobwebs off and embed some solid memories to get her through the long off season. Ankle not 100% but we will adjust to her level of comfort. Into hotel the convoy rolls. Mrs and I suit up we drop sleds and her and I are off to see how this ankle is doing. Full February like trails except for parking lots and by road. Hard packed but still enough lube for slides. White asphalt all the way to Relais Buttes. She is adjusting. She is not fully recovered but she is doing well. Saw 2 other sleds. Trail mint entire way. I think it’s gonna be better here as far as smooth flat trail than it was in Gaspe. 

Tomorrow we will see more. 

Very quiet here at hotel might be 2-3 other guests here besides us. 

Just the way we like it. 

11 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Nice ride guys! What wheels do you have installed. Never thought I would want them but I said same thing when reverse, mirrors,  heated hand grips, heated seat came out. Once you got em you cant go without.

Most are Rouski 3 out of 4 sleds. Have rollerski on the other. 

Both work.

Rouski i think easier to deploy. 

28 March Monday 

quick update 

trails superior to many I have seen all year. 12/10 unreal saw 2 sleds all morning. Back at hotel to get Mrs Ice she had online commitments this morning. Now we will go back out. 

Full report tonight

every trail perfect zero traffic just us. 

Just got back last night from this spur of the moment loop.  As you said everything was absolutely perfect and no traffic anywhere.  Locals on the Southern end of the loop tell me they got 2 more weeks before things start to close down.  Most areas have 4-5 feet of snow.  Some of the trail signs just poking through the snow its so deep.  It pretty much snowed non-stop since last Wednesday.  Saw the sun for 15 minutes yesterday.  

loop.JPG

Edited by stupe
added pic