Ender Spring Fling 22’

iceman

On 3/25/2022 at 11:15 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Got electrical gremlins in my '18 XTX. Gave me a history lesson in non-power-steering. Been a while since the RX1-ton. Lucky there was a fresh few inches on the trail & more falling to make it easier!

Then the whole kit and kabootle went kaput. Lucky that was right near a road and Iceman Towing Ltd was present with a sister '18 XTX!  This stuff works, go get you some: 

My money is on the stator. Seen the same symptoms  before on a friends Yammi.  First they need few jumps, then a new battery, then a slow drain of all power. 

47 minutes ago, iceman said:

28 March Monday 

quick update 

trails superior to many I have seen all year. 12/10 unreal saw 2 sleds all morning. Back at hotel to get Mrs Ice she had online commitments this morning. Now we will go back out. 

Full report tonight

every trail perfect zero traffic just us. 

I thought she was leading that ripper loop this morning !🤣

Canadian Tire has been there for us over the years, with pro sales & service of everything from replacing a Humvee steering box, to recovery from sledding wardrobe deficiencies!

So where else would you go when you need an actual tire for your trailer?! 

With this positive history it was no surprise when Catherine took the call at the Roberval location yesterday and spoke perfect (and perfectly empathetic) English, and got the tire ordered, to be shipped to her from Latuque, and promised to call as soon at it arrives.

I said I'd need to send a note to management when this is over, about what an amazing brand-ambassedor she is.

Then the extra mile... When I went to drop off the bad tire & the deflated spare & tweaked lug nuts this afternoon. She yanked the tires out of the trunk and into their garage, and pointed me around to the front of the store, where she was waiting by the register with the shiny new replacement lugs!

She initially refused a pourboire, saying she's an owner, but finally accepted with a suggestion to drop it at her church or do some other kind of good with it, and she seemed to appreciate her new-found perspective on stubborn New Yorkers.

Anyway, they ain't just tires, but when they are... THEY ROCK IT, just sayin'.

Here's the morning maneuvers:

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqDAddPnLv

Mrs Iceman (who introduced me to Relive) should have some eye-candy from the trails this afternoon piloting Big Blue!...

Ice & crew,

You guys are "knocking it out of the park" having a blast on some of the best late season riding in years. 

Through all the obstacles you guys "overcome" each and every day and "ride on" like we all dream about. 

So glad to see Carolin getting out. She is a "trooper" for sure !!

Safe travels all the way back..........

9 hours ago, NSHM said:

My money is on the stator. Seen the same symptoms  before on a friends Yammi.  First they need few jumps, then a new battery, then a slow drain of all power. 

Yep, this just in:

"Yes code 46 is the stator, that is possibly why the batterey was weak, because it was a new battery from last fall, thanks, Pierre, Motos Thibault Mauricie (1992) inc."

Black's OK with all of that. She's the '13 XTX with 28k miles. Some people call it "the voices", but I swear she whispered in my ear before this trip: "Hey, I'll just hang in the trailer, just in case, y'know, ya never know"

(You don't suppose she sabotaged '18 while they were in the trailer together?)

28 March Monday 

Started the morning off with a car ride to get breakfast from Mc Donald’s. No breakfast at hotel on Mondays. At the same time I decided to scout out a bit of trail. I have used the trail that goes behind Du Jardin to get to the gas station and depanneur right near Mc Donalds. I do not remember it going any further. However I Motoneige is showing it crossing the bridge and winding through the neighborhood and out into the woods joining the other local trai, I am very familiar with. It also shows at the bridge in St Felicien just near Mc Donalds the trail also goes on river and goes back toward St Prime. The gate is closed to enter the river. So no problem but there is plenty of signage and sticks to follow the other trail it crosses on bridge(unplowed) sidewalk. Then left around through neighborhood and back across main road through more neighborhood then off into a field to the woods. Surely much easier with snow on pavement but with wheels was not an issue as we left the hotel this way this morning 3 strong. We will come back for Mrs Ice around noon. Stupid nice trail everywhere. Yes wind has been blowing nonstop so in the ooen areas a bit of drifts but they are soft like pillows. Just like my breakfast “i’m loving it”

I dont think I am the only one as Playhard and NHMoose are smiling big too. We debated over whether to even leave RDL or just stay there another week. We stuck to our original plan and bailed out. No regrets. Did not see one trail like any of these are here. Yes rode groomed trails in Gaspe. But not like here. Snow there is soft and not frozen even after its groomed still soft. Does not take many sleds to make it seem like it was not even groomed. Not the same here. Rock hard base with cream cheese on top. Ripping fast. Just how I like it. Orange trails to Normandin full 10/10 gas in Normandin then onward. Quick run up to 373 then short spin to the “middle orange” as we call it. We rode this trail twice today once up in morning and once back down this afternoon. One of my man Snohorse’s top runs. That was for you Philly. Up to 93 and its all been a stunner. Delicious trails and we are eating it up. To Lac a Jim quick hello and down 93 to orange again this time back to 93 then to 373 and backtrack to Du Jardin through Relais Buttes. All 10+ trails. All of it. Playhard is taking care of things this afternoon with Canadian Tire and NHmoose, Mrs Ice and I head out. No need to complicate things. We ride exactly the same route but backwards now the lefts are rights. We know it’s fantastic. We put Mrs Ice in rocking chair and we are in group chat so all three of us connected on the radio. Very cool. Destination Lac a Jim. We make a slight change by taking what we refer to as the 93 bump out. Makes the run up to Lac a Jim a bit longer but why not. This trail great also but the end is a bit bumpy up some of the big hills. This is easily forgotten and forgiven with the conditions on the other 99% we rode today. Into lac jim we have now seen 5 sleds today all locals for sure. Late lunch at Lac a Jim. Private relais to go with private trails. Mrs Ice’s first time on Sled in LSJ so its all new for her. i Love showing her around. Lac Jim across 93 middle orange it is down to Normandin gas it again. Back down orange to trail, to Relais Buttes. Not showing closed river must be good still, it is good we cross no issues. Even smooth here on river it’s crazy. Back to 373 and back to Hotel just after 5pm. 

Great unbelievable day. 

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Yep, this just in:

"Yes code 46 is the stator, that is possibly why the batterey was weak, because it was a new battery from last fall, thanks, Pierre, Motos Thibault Mauricie (1992) inc."

Black's OK with all of that. She's the '13 XTX with 28k miles. Some people call it "the voices", but I swear she whispered in my ear before this trip: "Hey, I'll just hang in the trailer, just in case, y'know, ya never know"

Anything is possible these days.☠️

16 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Yep, this just in:

If changing the battery was a heart transplant then this will be a lung and kidney transplant. While they are in there you should consider a timing chain replacement. See what Doctor Thibault says about it.

29 March Tuesday 

Hit the trails this morning 4 strong. The usual suspects and Mrs Ice is out to play. Gonna be a long ride for her with one working foot. We leave hotel and head south on 373 to the south end of St Felicien we take orange local passing Polaris dealer and cross the ice to run back north. Ice still solid trails mint conditions. Up to the orange trail that cuts across to Dolbeau and rejoin 93. Looking for something negative to comment on conditions but trails are perfect. Sky is grey but other than that all super duper. 93 through Dolbeau stellar here. Take 367 toward Peribonka. Then bail north on orange local to rejoin 93 in St Jean d’Arc. We gas up. 93 it is toward St Augustin. Sorry but it just keeps getting better by the KM. We drop into the back of the Relais there and take the orange of 93 direction 373 to Passerelle 49 parallel. Fast trail we have seen 3 sleds all going opposite direction. The mrs is hanging in there I know it’s great conditions but she has not had a big day since Matane first week in January. Very proud of her. She is not used to it like we are. It’s still new to her. 373 is fantastic we stop and admire the bridges and make our way to the Relais up there. 3 guys leaving 2 others inside. No real food but its warm and they got bathroom for Mrs. Ice. They got some premade sandwiches chips muffins candybars and other stuff. We take a nice break here. Relais closes for season tomorrow. We know the other side here has not been groomed as recently as the east side. It’s not terrible but corners bumped up a bit. Nothing horrible but not like the east side or anything we have seen so far up here. We run to join 93 and into Girardville for gas and bathroom. Then continue down 93 to join 373 through Albaniel and on to Normandin where we retrace our route from yesterday using orange trails to Relais Buttes and down 373 to Hotel. Great day. Mrs Ice is hanging up the helmet for this season as she has commitments to deal with back at home tomorrow afternoon. The three Amigos remain. Plotting our next maneuvers. 

Until next time.

You guys made a great choice going north and catching some cold weather, only thing I found lacking or negative to say was the lack of restaurant accommodations when we were riding, hopefully we will be completely over that next season, a few days there was so little available I thought we were on a weight watchers tour.