Ender Spring Fling 22’

iceman

9:07 They are on the move. Heading East 5 North shore. Destination unknown

10:04 Rut ro backtracked to Mt St Pierre ? 

Thinking trail east sucked New snow hilly terrain  Recon @ Mt Pierre. 12:40 traveling 5W

Gaz La Marte @ 1:18 next monitoring intersection 595

4:28 Cap Chat👋

Edited by Snohorse

Wild Bill and I had a lot of fun swapping snowmobiling stories with you guys at the Quality inn in Matane. Tuesday was our 6th and last day of riding. Left Matane at 9am riding back to the Universal.

We rode trails #5, #35, #571, #544, #44, #85, #526. Except for about 20 miles on #5, all the trails were fresh groomed with 6-8" of power on top. 

we arrived at the Universal at 3pm, loaded up and drove home arriving at 11pm.

It was a great trip with an amazing amount of snow.  1350 miles.

4 hours ago, kdelabruere said:

Do you think there will be riding left the first weekend of April?

Signs point to yes. Just need to pick a good place to start. 

Tuesday Continues 

We arrive in Mont St Pierre and bee line it to visit with Pierre. This guy is a true ambassador for Mont St Pierre and the entire region here. Very proud of their trail and like it to be enjoyed. Our joy brings them joy. Ya feel me? We talk and talk finally its time to go to Motel Le Delice we tell him to join us there for a beer. We arrive and meet Julie the owner since 2020 her Grandfather built this place and now she and her husband Patrick have taken over. Super friendly welcome and the restaurant has a big new bar it’s nicely done they have been working hard. Great english and did I mention friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is called Les Boucaneres Smokehouse. God damn home run here. Sign says Welcome Carnivores, like they knew we were coming i tell you. We convene the meeting in restaurant just the three of us here tonight with our guest Pierre and Julie herself spoiling us. We order up some smoked chicken wings and while we wait for those and our smoked beef brisket burgers. She brings out a plate of smoked duck breast. Wow just delicious goodness. 

To be continued 

4 hours ago, kdelabruere said:

Do you think there will be riding left the first weekend of April?

So in reality, what you are really asking is a notorious QR conundrum.over the ages.......

what will it be like in 2 weeks? 

Tuesday night 

We spent the evening Catching up with Pierre and getting to know Julie our server/chef and gracious host we talked and talked it’s been way too long since we spent time with Pierre. We took the beers and chatted. Next course was smoked chicken wings that are smoked for 24 hours then deep-fried let me tell you they got it right. Some real good food coming out of that kitchen. Julie and Patrick obviously know there stuff. Their new smokehouse style restaurant is unique and not a huge menu with good reason they focus on what they do well and keep it easy to manage as the preparation is very time consuming. Pierre tell us he is working on getting a new trail open from Mont St Pierre it will join with the trail from La Cache to Murdochville. It will use a road that is not plowed in winter and he has secured the ok of the director of the regional Park Chic Chocs to use it. Interesting. Now its time for the main course. Smoked beef brisket cheeseburgers with bacon and their homemade barbecue sauce and fries. You aint getting anything like this anywhere else in Gaspe. Good Luck. It was unreal. So tasty. We could have sat there all night and we almost did Julie joined us and had a beer with us. They have had a rough go with Covid like alot of other businesses. 2020 not the ideal year to takeover this place but here they are. We need to encourage places like this where they remember you and appreciate you as much as we appreciate them. The vibe is right here. We wrapped up the evening and meeting adjourned. Said goodnight to Julie ans Goodbye to Pierre. Looking forward to seeing him next trip through here. Turns out we would see him much sooner than expected.

Motel Le Delice

Go There 

23 March Wednesday 

Breakfast 7:30 we finally meet Patrick and he tells us he heard alot about us from Julie and he thanked us for making Julie’s entire snowmobile season. She had fun and enjoyed serving us and made her very happy. He said guests like us are why they are in this business. Before breakfast tried to move Playhards ride closer to his room as he was parked near John and I and his room was closer to restaurant. It turns over but slow. Not good. It’s surely not too cold something is wonky. We go to eat a breakfast described by Patrick who made it as “boring”. Well anything but. Smoked bacon and homemade sausages with apple cider vinegar and special secret bkend of spices. Along with thinly sliced smoked ham. Eggs toast and potatoes. Please sir can I have some more. Carnivores this is your place. 

Dressed and ready we jump the sled it fires right up. Seems ok. Off we go.

we saw the grooming and it was groomed all the way back to St Anne Des Monts and beyond. However we are headed east and south to Murdochville then Chandler. Groomed nicely just from hotel to base of mountain headed east. Not terrible beyond this at all. Up and over I arrive at Mont Louis. No one behind me. Ok they are probably taking picture.....

to be continued 

10 minutes ago, iceman said:

23 March Wednesday 

Breakfast 7:30 we finally meet Patrick and he tells us he heard alot about us from Julie and he thanked us for making Julie’s entire snowmobile season. She had fun and enjoyed serving us and made her very happy. He said guests like us are why they are in this business. Before breakfast tried to move Playhards ride closer to his room as he was parked near John and I and his room was closer to restaurant. It turns over but slow. Not good. It’s surely not too cold something is wonky. We go to eat a breakfast described by Patrick who made it as “boring”. Well anything but. Smoked bacon and homemade sausages with apple cider vinegar and special secret bkend of spices. Along with thinly sliced smoked ham. Eggs toast and potatoes. Please sir can I have some more. Carnivores this is your place. 

Dressed and ready we jump the sled it fires right up. Seems ok. Off we go.

we saw the grooming and it was groomed all the way back to St Anne Des Monts and beyond. However we are headed east and south to Murdochville then Chandler. Groomed nicely just from hotel to base of mountain headed east. Not terrible beyond this at all. Up and over I arrive at Mont Louis. No one behind me. Ok they are probably taking picture.....

to be continued 

You are certainly having better luck with food than we did… it was the only part of our trip that was hit or miss 

Wednesday continues 

My phone starts ringing i see it’s Playhard by the time i dig it out of my tank bag he hung up. I turn back. As I ride back up it’s not long before they are heading down. John stops says yes stopped for picture and David’s sled would not start battery dead. They jumped it with booster pack its running. We ponder the possibilities. We can ride on further from anything into the mountains. We have booster cables and a jump pack. Or turn back to Mont St Pierre and get this checked out. It’s running now not throwing any codes. If it decides to not run. It could be a very long pull considering the plan is after Murdochville to go down 597 then on to Chandler. Hmmm. No brainer not going further away from anything without at least checking. 

Back to Mont St Pierre, for those here that do not know Pierre Coulombe was a Yamaha dealer for a long long time. But not anymore. But the shop continues to repair and sell parts All makes and models. But he knows Yamahas well. Lots of dirt bikes, quads and SXS too being fixed up by his team there all year. 

Right inside it goes. As Playhard put it. The scene looked like open heart surgery as to get to the batter the whole thing comes apart then off with the airbox to access the battery. 

Get battery out test it and its a goner. He has what we need. Change battery now we check charging sytem. Its charging at 13.5 he says should be 14.5 we cannot find any reason it only 13.5 but that’s charging. He found a missing clutch button on clutch. Put one in. Easy. But takes time. 

I know the trail to Murdochville is not great. Heard it from 2 different sources. Showing groomed last night all the way back the way we came in snow yesterday.

End uo canceling Chandler. Book Nanook. Still very short but whatever. 

Actually could see today and see the trail. All the rights were lefts and vice versa. But sticks very visible and most of all grooming. Flat all the way to Cap Chat saw maybe 10 sleds all day. 

Bonus ride to Village Grand Nature 5 miles up 5 back. Trail not nice. At all. 

Into Cap Chat gas then to Nanook. I have never been here. Mario is new owner since a few years. Speaks English and super nice helpful host. 3 other sleds here. Guys from Oka, QC. 

No dinner at Nanook tonight, but we will have breakfast here. Mario provides us transportation to Pizzeria 132. For a smorgasbord of deliciousness. Pizza with shrimp and bacom, smoked meat pizza, fish and chips and ribs. Enough to go around. Great conversation with Mario as he joined us for dinner. Fun to stay at the smaller places, like I said yesterday they appreciate you and will remember you. 

Motel Nanook go there.