The "Pot" will live again!!!!

timbo

Had the opportunity to speak wtih Gaetan yesterday. Good news for sledders in St-Donat. The Culliere a Pot has been re-sold and will be open for biz this winter!

The new owner is a gentleman from Montreal who has chalet on Lac Ouareau. He is presently commencing extensive renovations to the facility and will be good to go for this winter.

According to Gaetan, the new owner is a snomobiler and is bi-lingual, so sledders will once again enjoy an old favorite lodging and dining spot in Lenaudiere.

Bye the bye; for old friends of Gaetan, he reports that he is feeling much better and that his health is good.

timbo

• 4 months later...
That's great to hear. Was missed last year not stopping by the Pot for breakfast.

More good news!

Spoke to Gaetan yesterday. The Cuelliere a Pot is presently finishing-up a $400,000 room renovation-refurbishment project, and will be fully open for business by 15 November.

They are once again taking reservations for the fast approaching snow season.

St-Donat's favorite sledding spot is back. It's all good.

More good news!

Spoke to Gaetan yesterday. The Cuelliere a Pot is presently finishing-up a $400,000 room renovation-refurbishment project, and will be fully open for business by 15 November.

They are once again taking reservations for the fast approaching snow season.

St-Donat's favorite sledding spot is back. It's all good.

Good news for sure. I have not stayed in that area since the late 90's, do they have secure parking to leave a truck and trailer? Locked gate?

Good news for sure. I have not stayed in that area since the late 90's, do they have secure parking to leave a truck and trailer? Locked gate?

Snowbound

Not sure what the new administration has planned. The last couple of years that Gaetan had the Pot they had an all night nite-watchman on duty, chains and locks available to all guests, as well as a sled-corral. I would imagine that the new owner would continue this paractice??????

Will let you know if Gaetan knows what is happening in that regard.

timbo

• 1 month later...
Snowbound

Not sure what the new administration has planned. The last couple of years that Gaetan had the Pot they had an all night nite-watchman on duty, chains and locks available to all guests, as well as a sled-corral. I would imagine that the new owner would continue this paractice??????

Will let you know if Gaetan knows what is happening in that regard.

timbo

PRICE INCREASES what did you think , WHERE can we get a reasonable room ?????????

I thought the prices are kinda steep too. I guess we gotta pay to play.

Jack

What prices were they quoting??????

timbo

I have never found this sport a great one for saving money :lol::lol:

Ahhh Steven

Your usual grasp of the obvious!

Hope we get to see you on the Gasesie in January.

timbo :drinks:

The website lists room rates. Roughly $70 each for 2 people in a basic, 2 bed, room. I realize they need to make money especially after investing to remodel. I guess its not that bad.

Not "real cheap", but certainly not "off the charts". Based on alternatives in St-Donat/Ste-Agathe area; not bad at all.