Hot stuff Murdochville

iceman

Wow Murdochville is lucky it didn’t have a second instant open pit mine right there.

Would love to see a video of what exactly transpired there. Someone got awful lucky or kept their wits about them pulling machine away from the pump.

Wonder if those pump hoses have some type of a flash back arrestor up at the top similar to what acetylene torches have?

51 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Wow Murdochville is lucky it didn’t have a second instant open pit mine right there.

Would love to see a video of what exactly transpired there. Someone got awful lucky or kept their wits about them pulling machine away from the pump.

Wonder if those pump hoses have some type of a flash back arrestor up at the top similar to what acetylene torches have?

According to report. Employee of gas station credited for quick action. First by hitting the emergency stop from inside on pumps then by having the wits to grab the fire extinguisher and run outside and put out the fire. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Employee of gas station credited for quick action

Cool. Super glad that nobody got toasted.

You never know until you know, who runs toward stuff & who runs away from stuff.

Screenshot_20220403-220452_Chrome.jpg

Would have been bad for the community to loose the gas station, even short term.

On a positive note for Murdochville .  I just read a news article talking about a mining firm doing some tests to evaluate reopening the cooper mine again.  Apparently the copper market is high again.