Went for ride yesterday.....

doobraap

We took the SeaDoos down the Hudson and around Manhattan. It's a whole lot different than being in the woods of Quebec!!!! Lots of good sights though!!!!! My back is telling me 100 miles on a SeaDoo seems to be the same a 300 on Quebec trails :wacko:

looks like fun. Where did you guys start from?

Hey Karl... We started from Peekskill NY. It's about 40 miles or so from the tip of Manahttan. We went around battery park and up the East river through the Halem river and back on to the Hudson. It was 101 miles on the GPS. Riding time was about 6 hrs. Here is a good shot of the Empire State Bldg.

Hey Karl... We started from Peekskill NY. It's about 40 miles or so from the tip of Manahttan. We went around battery park and up the East river through the Halem river and back on to the Hudson. It was 101 miles on the GPS. Riding time was about 6 hrs. Here is a good shot of the Empire State Bldg.

Nice!!

That must have been one heck of a nice trip. What made you start from Peekskill?

I basically just picked Peekskill off the map. It seemed to be the right distance from the city to make the ride interesting and they had a public boat ramp.

I basically just picked Peekskill off the map. It seemed to be the right distance from the city to make the ride interesting and they had a public boat ramp.

That must have been some ride. When I lived in Staten Island, 50 years ago, I use to ride the Staten Island Ferry across NY harbor. Never in my widest dreams could I ever imagine someone riding a PWC in NY harbor. I sure am envious of you doing that. I can't get over it. What a hoot!

That must have been some ride. When I lived in Staten Island, 50 years ago, I use to ride the Staten Island Ferry across NY harbor. Never in my widest dreams could I ever imagine someone riding a PWC in NY harbor. I sure am envious of you doing that. I can't get over it. What a hoot!

Here is one for you Bill. I don't think it has changed in 50 years....

Here is one for you Bill. I don't think it has changed in 50 years....

Good old Staten Island ferry. Only time it changed was when it hit the pier coming into St George. yomamma's, old HCS guy, father knew the captain piloting that boat, if I remember correctly. It was nickel to ride it back then, now it's free. Last time I went on it was Oct 2002. Rode it up to Battery Park and then we walked up to Ground Zero. Writing this today off all days.