2022-2023 Season Fuel Price???

Andyman

Just sitting here watching the price of fuel go through the roof. Anyone want to take a guess at what we will have to pay per litre at the remote outfitters this coming season! I predict $4.00 per litre.

On another note Lisa and I did a driving trip in Quebec last week and stayed at the Delta in Jonquiere one night I have to say the new Boston Pizza is a very nice addition and has an excellent atmosphere. After we drove around the Lake we stayed at the Coronet for a night sure looks different when you drive in rather than arrive on your sled! We then headed east to Havre St Pierre and of course we had to travel through the Pessamit native territory the group responsible for closing the TQ3 last season! On the return trip we had to back track all the way to St Simeon because the ferry was canceled at both Godbout and Baie Comeau and as we neared the Pessamit territory there was a guy hitchhiking with a sign that said Pessamit I did not give him a ride!

IMG_0462.jpg

Damn, it’s that Putin price hike. For sure.

Agree on the seeing places with no snow by road. Love spotting trailheads and checking out everywhere whenever I can. The Spyder trips have been awesome for this. 

I like knowing where I am each time I cross a road no matter where it is. Can be very helpful maybe even lifesaving some day. 

Here in Clayton NY the gas was 4.23 2 weeks ago and today it is 4.65. I don't usually say anything but I want to thank everyone for voting for slow Joe. This government is crazy.  

42 minus 10 divided by 4 is 8 percent inflation....no big deal...the stuff you bought last summer for 100 dollars is only 108 now...8 percent ...thats what the liberals keep telling us..we have 8 percent inflation...it has to be true...your not trying to tell me this is fake news or anything like that are you....look this is basic liberal math....diesel is now 650 a gallon here in New England ...it was 215 in September...8 percent...heating oil is 675 a gallon...225 in September...8 percent....beef at the market was 10 to 12 dollars a pound...now 26 to 30....8 percent....if these guys tell you what time it is...I'd recommend getting a second opinion...all the folks at the bottom of the pay scale that were promised the world for free...they can't even afford to breathe...at 65 years old ...this is the worst show I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely changes the numbers on big trips. 100 mile days it doesn't seem to hurt QUITE as bad but when the trips are 200-275 a day, those three fill ups really add up.

I am in the states and paying $6.49 a gallon for Diesel. $165 to fill up the other day. It's nuts.

3  tanks and 3 qts of 2 stroke oil...350a day...100 dollars for a room....75 to 100 a day for food...400 for a trail pass....and gas and incidentals traveling from the states for 7 to 10 days...better figure 8 hundred a day...hopefully exchange rate will help at 20 percent...starting to get expensive for sure....but still less than an Alaskan lodge for a week...or a fishing boat at Cabo or even Lake Ontario...this isn't a cheap sport anymore.

For sure I am priced out of Quebec for next winter, and maybe beyond.  I can hope at best I can still do Maine. I will miss the frequent contact with QuebecRiders. I am thankful I still enjoy Maine riding.

It is not a sport for the weak of heart/wallet.  Hopefully the fuel portion , which is big, will go down by next winter.  It would be sad to not meet up with QuebscRider friends next winter because of fuel pricing.  I am very fortunate to live 4hrs from the Gaspesie.  That said, I remember driving to Pointe a la Croix and back for less then $85, last winter it was $180 one way.  

We get better fuel mileage with our 850,s than the truck we towed our sleds to Quebec with. So my thinking is it's still better than touring with the truck. Plus it's more fun. 

I think come fall we will all will have adjusted to the new normal. I will help inflation and just bring up my fees to offset all the other increases we are seeing. Its tough for the retired folks for sure and those I feel a little bit bad for. I did comment to by buddy this winter that in the past it was the rooms and food where the costs were but this winter the gas was the high part. Maybe we'll have to start packing lunches and double up in the rooms, ok maybe not that extreme. Still stoked for riding. This past winter was some of the best riding I've had in a while. Trails with the extreme cold held up great. Long summer and this is just something for us to gripe about. Well at least for me.

Think about the diesel for the groomers.  There will probably be some sort of fuel surcharge added to the trail permits. 
I’ve been trying to fill up my truck when I still have 3/4 of a tank just so I don’t have to re-swipe my card.  Missed the other day, 16 gallons of diesel, $100.  I sure picked a fine time to retire!

Smclelan and I always joked that sledding is not a sport to save money and it cost a buck a mile. Well I think we need to redo the formula! LOL A friend has a local crane business and here is a picture of the pump when he fueled up yesterday!

281588100_10159981877126726_5172392942562985563_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Andyman said:

Smclelan and I always joked that sledding is not a sport to save money and it cost a buck a mile. Well I think we need to redo the formula! LOL A friend has a local crane business and here is a picture of the pump when he fueled up yesterday!

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_05/281588100_10159981877126726_5172392942562985563_n.jpg.d638b7736f4f80ae85d3cc0c73b69eb0.jpg

Did he fill up at Repo?

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, iceman said:

Dont worry about that warning, the gas companies are doing it for you.