An important gas stop closed up.

smclelan

While up in the Gaspesie over the weekend I noticed one of what I consider an important gas stop has closed its doors. New sleds today are getting better mileage per tank then ever however lots of riders are still running older machines that don't stretch quite as far. Please make sure when running the north shore of the Gaspesie you consider your range as the small station in La Martre has closed its doors and pulled out the pumps.

Thanks Smclelan. Hopefully the La Martre fueling station will be open for the 2017 season.

On the same topic in late July, while on the HOG I traversed Rt 299 from New Richmond to Sainte Anne de-Monts passing Relais de la Cache. Sadly the campground outfitted with gas "appeared" to be closed. During my February 2015 snowmobile trip Relais de la Cache was a mandated gas stop between the north and south shores. Can anyone confirm the status of la Cache. Is la Cache closed and or confirm it will be open for winter 2017? Thanks to all.

Doesn't look good, lads. I'm mucho glad I have a 144" Assault switchie on order............I'll need that "extra tunnel" to carry the extra gas needed to ride the Gaspesie this winter.

so where do we gas before & after. I think from hear I use to go straight through to Murdockville and going from memory I don't think St Pierre had gas. if its St Anne I think we will need a larger tunnel to make that run. I would like to think someone is going to step up and arrange even if its just a winter sled solution.

I know I will be stopping in Cap Chat as next fuel may be AUBERGE RESTAURANT CHEZ MAMIE or Murdochville, I know there is also fuel in Gaspe... I also carry 4 gallons, sucks pushing a sled...

Last year we made if from Cap Chat to Murdochville, we did fill up at La Cashe but would have made it without stopping at La Cashe.

Speaking to owner in La Cashe he stated that he was not sure if he would be open winter 2017...

Gas in Mont Louis and should get you to Sainte Anne des Mont.

The big challenge here is the extreme snow storms in this area, you could be looking for fuel if you have to break much trail.

Edited by smclelan

...passing Relais de la Cache. Sadly the campground outfitted with gas "appeared" to be closed. During my February 2015 snowmobile trip Relais de la Cache was a mandated gas stop between the north and south shores. Can anyone confirm the status of la Cache. Is la Cache closed and or confirm it will be open for winter 2017? Thanks to all.

No gas a few weeks ago, but there was way lighter traffic than winter, so maybe they're reverse-snowbirds?... http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4355&p=55497

• 2 months later...

Speaking with the lads from Aventure Chic Chocs at the Toronto show today and they said there will be gas set up here for this winter. Not at this station but closeby and sounds like a self serve by cc and that it was by the government. Hope their right. Also brought this up with Louise at the Gaspe booth and she wasn't aware and was going to look into it as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

As of Oct 26, Roland (AKA Mr. Jean-Pierre Lepage) at Auberge La Table Roland states he is considering not selling fuel this year because Perce Government Officials want him to install a tank and fence it in at a cost of 10,000 CAD....

The possibility of another fueling option closing is a real possibility, albeit in recent past years it was questionable if Roland would have fuel to dispense from his tank he maintained in the back of his pick-up so we were forewarned to fuel prior to arriving in Perce.   

Cut & pasted from Le Havre Newspaper and converted using Google translate.The link to the original article is at the bottom of this article.

Published October 26, 2016

No essence of fuel this winter in Percé

The tourist capital of the Gaspé, which is more excellent by the Quebec icon for the holidays, Percé, is dry for the winter. Motorists, as snowmobilers, shall not be full, unless to move to neighboring villages

This is the situation for a few weeks while the Convenience Store and Gas Station Després, single fuel supplier in the village, closed its pumps.

Very little talkative, Ms. Dawn Despres, trade in question, merely said that the gas station is closed for the winter and the convenience store. "Sales are not there and you have only to take a walk in the village today ..." says Despres thus explaining the few people we meet in Percé come fall.

It also indicates that many businesses in the village close with the coming of autumn. It also recalls that it has the convenience store and gas station for the past eleven years. She closes the business for almost four years.

snowmobilers

For his part, Mr. Jean-Pierre Lepage at Auberge La Table Roland (near the petrol station) provided the gasoline to snowmobiles during last winter, a service much appreciated elsewhere.

"But this year ... I do not think supply gasoline. Currently, I am prevented from selling gas, "he said. Mr. Lepage says have a permit from the town of Percé for this trade.

The Ministry of Natural Resources' does not want me to sell gas. He wants me settle down a tank above ground, fenced for safety. It is an investment of about $ 10,000 for three months a year and it does not interest me, "says Lepage.

"I want to serve snowmobilers. My decision is not carved in stone and now we are just checking that. The City supports me in this folder there, but what stops me is the ministry, "said the owner of the table Roland.

Just more of the same…

For the mayor of Percé, André Boudreau, "there is no big change compared to last year. It's always the same story and the same reasons. And from one year to another, we do not know how snowmobiles will refuel made in Percé. "

The mayor also argued that last year, "there is no problem with the assistance of the owner of the Auberge La Table Roland (one of the only open during the winter) that provided petrol to consumers snowmobilers. "

For Percéens, André Boudreau says that no, there either, problem. "Percé residents go to Barachois (20 km away) or to Cap d'Espoir (about 15 km).

As for snowmobilers, Boudreau Mayor explains that this side is the problem, but ... "The customer (snowmobile) is notified is they make sure to make reservations. And, without being told, there is no doubt in the world that supplies gasoline ... Last year, nobody has complained for missing gas in the village. "

http://www.journallehavre.ca/actualites/2016/10/26/pas-d_essence-cet-hiver---perce-est-a-sec.html

Perce .jpg

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

On 8/16/2016 at 7:06 PM, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Thanks Smclelan. Hopefully the La Martre fueling station will be open for the 2017 season.

On the same topic in late July, while on the HOG I traversed Rt 299 from New Richmond to Sainte Anne de-Monts passing Relais de la Cache. Sadly the campground outfitted with gas "appeared" to be closed. During my February 2015 snowmobile trip Relais de la Cache was a mandated gas stop between the north and south shores. Can anyone confirm the status of la Cache. Is la Cache closed and or confirm it will be open for winter 2017? Thanks to all.

Last March we stayed at LaCache and he told us he has a place/ restaurant in New Richmond I believe where he sells his "famous" fish. Then late fall he comes back to LaCache for the winter season, hopefully nothing's changed.