Fisher

Trailblazer

I need a little help here guys, we live in a cul-de-sac backing to the forest with lots of farms on the other side so it's emminent we'll see some wildlife but I never thought in a million years I would see something like this. There has been sightings of a Fisher in our neighbours yards.

Neighbours and myself have beeen losing our cats and to add to that we have'nt seen any raccoons, squirrels or chipmunks in quite some time either, given the sightings it all makes sense now. Some of our neighbours got young children 3yrs and younger and are now too scared to play in their fenced in yards or swim in their little kiddy turtle pools cause there was a sighting of a Fisher just last week wading in one of the kids pools early in the morning.

Our immediate neighbour is trying to trap it with a raccoon cage but I think the cage is too small, any input on how to get rid of this thing would certainly be appreciated. I got a .22 rifle and a 12 gauge in the house but if I use them I'll lose them and get a get a criminal record.

Need some help

JG

Edited by Trailblazer

Good Morning JG-

Fishers are somewhat common here in VT, have seen many over the years. They are also very smart! A havahart trap would probably be your best bet. Sardines, raw meat or a beaver carcass would serve well as bait. I don't think they would ever bother kids, but cats are certainly on their snacking list. Send me a pic when you get him!

Terry

HI JG;;; When you catch him put him in a box and send to my house. We have so many squirrels, chipmunks and cats we can afford to feed him for months... :drinks:

I need a little help here guys, we live in a cul-de-sac backing to the forest with lots of farms on the other side so it's emminent we'll see some wildlife but I never thought in a million years I would see something like this. There has been sightings of a Fisher in our neighbours yards.

Neighbours and myself have beeen losing our cats and to add to that we have'nt seen any raccoons, squirrels or chipmunks in quite some time either, given the sightings it all makes sense now. Some of our neighbours got young children 3yrs and younger and are now too scared to play in their fenced in yards or swim in their little kiddy turtle pools cause there was a sighting of a Fisher just last week wading in one of the kids pools early in the morning.

Our immediate neighbour is trying to trap it with a raccoon cage but I think the cage is too small, any input on how to get rid of this thing would certainly be appreciated. I got a .22 rifle and a 12 gauge in the house but if I use them I'll lose them and get a get a criminal record.

Need some help

JG

Oh Boy, don't get a criminal record, they won't let you in to Canada to go riding!

GutZ

Nice comments from the group. Coworkers are wondering why I'm laughing at my phone.

A high powered air rifle should do the trick. Use one for moving target practice from a second floor window. Only thing heard is a mechanical snap.

Gamo makes some nice ones that have pellet velocity exceeding 1500 fps.

I've talked this over with my brothers, because I'm not exactly the Outdoorsy Type, and we have a plan. Dress a buddy up like a female fisher cat, douse him in fisher cat hunting scent (from a local hunting/fishing store), buy a large heavy duty net, wait till it's night time and position him in a dark area near a pool or water feature, once he has settled in, throw the net over him while making a lot of racket, now take as many pictures as you can with a blinding flash as he thrashes about and falls into the water feature or pool, once you have securely uploaded the pictures, assist your former friend up, suggest that unless he contacts an exterminator and has the animal professionally removed you will "Share" these pictures with his boss, co-workers, the inter-web, etc.... and you will not help him explain to his family why he's wet, muddy and smells like piss and pheromones.

It's not fool proof but should get the job done.

GutZ

Team Gutz to the rescue! We can ALWAYS count on our very own Super Heroes!