Trail loss

Cnc

I am speading the word and the request for help in trying to prevent a major trail closure near Tremblant QC. A section of the Trans Quebec 43 near St Jovite will effectively cut off 16 island lake from St jovite and the way I understand it, make it impossible to snowmobile out of St Jovite and another massive dead end in the area.

The Club Motoneige Diable et Rouge has just announced this on their face book page and they are asking for people to email the mayor of Mount Tremblant in an effort to reverse this situation.

Details can be found here. https://m.facebook.com/Club-Motoneige-Diable-et-Rouge-115355755241948/Scroll down to see the announcement, most text has a translation button.

Thanks,

Norm

Mt Tremblant is a favorite destination that I get to once every few years including last year. In the past few years there had been talk of reconnecting 317 to St Faustin that got closed 10 or so years ago. I guess that's dead.

This issue could use more attention even though it's not the usual big mile rider area. It's the kind of area we like to go to for local flavor and dining maybe even skiing on a whim.

It sucks to lose any trails for sure, that said I for one would not go even if they open it back up, it sucks for those locals there for sure but i will go spend my money for food, gas and hotels in area's that welcome me and encourage snowmobiling, not where I am not wanted,

Simple as that. Too many tree huggers. Their loss.

Hey Ice

The kind've tree Huggers that live in that area really don't need or care for your/our coin to spread through the community.

People like Micheal Douglas, Catherine Zeeda Jones and Tommy Hilfiger to speak of a few and the kind've people in Montreal that can afford to be a part of that circle.

If you have property in that area you got it because you can really afford it or it was handed down from a previous generation.

Hey Ice

The kind've tree Huggers that live in that area really don't need or care for your/our coin to spread through the community.

People like Micheal Douglas, Catherine Zeeda Jones and Tommy Hilfiger to speak of a few and the kind've people in Montreal that can afford to be a part of that circle.

If you have property in that area you got it because you can really afford it or it was handed down from a previous generation.

Exactly, so no problem I will spend it where it is needed and I am welcomed. Merci bonsoir.

Not sure how many signatures would change the out come. I believe the club just asks that as many as possible flood the Mayors email with polite responses. As many know Tremblant has been a dead end since the closing of the petit train de Nord. Yes we can thank tree huggers and the type of people who think snowmobiles ruin nature but embrace hanging condos off of ski hills till they no longer resemble mountains. We lost two other trails in short order after that, part of the 43 that went directly from Weir ( Montcalm ) to lac des seize Ile and a local trail that branched off of the 43 near Weir and connected up with the 317 making a quick route to Tremblant. Things were looking up for the area with a new trail that connected Weir back up with Lake view last winter and a on going plan to build a bypass trail to reconnect the section of the petit train de Nord. Property in the immediate Tremblant area is very expensive as Trailblazer mentions, but 20 miles out side of Tremblant is more reasonable but we have been experiencing the ripple effect. Some of the most over used real estate agents phrases for my area is " only 20 minutes to Tremblant" or " situated within the magic 20 minute circle from Tremblant".

One of the nice things about living here and attracted me first as a cottage owner and now full time resident is sledding right from home.

Yes I can trailer to more popular places that thrive on snowmobile tourism but until that becomes a absolute necessity, I will support the local clubs that are fighting to keep open our trail network, much of which has existed since the late 60's and 70's when almost everyone in this area had sleds.

Just received an email from the secretary at the Ville de Mont Tremblant. While there is no news yet on the clubs Facebook page, her email basically says that a solution has been found to keep the trail open this year and a study for two other trails is being worked on.

hope this is true.