who would like a discount

grumpysanta

Everyone likes a discount, however it takes a lot of money to run a provincial trail network. Lots more discounts would be nice but wont pay the bills. In three months the complaints will start about not enough grooming, signage, brush cutting etc. Trail permits are what help pay for all these things. Snowmobiling never has nor, never will be a sport for saving money.

Grumpy I am not in anyway bashing your post, just my opinion.

Grumpy we love discounts too but the reality is we can afford snowmobiling more now than we could when we were younger. We have more time and put on many more miles than we ever did. We don't mind paying for something Sandi and I enjoy so much.

Jack and Sandi

IMO the cheapest way to snowmobile

Place a Quebec trail map on your kitchen table and with a die cast ski-doo follow the trails.

Here are some other discount ideas.

Volunteer your time to the club maybe get a free spegetti dinner.

Make a donation get a tax cut

Offer to drive the grommer get recognized

Offer your time to help out in dealer events get a free hat

Just saying

SOME . not all clubs are doing very well . I have worked for more than one club , as a director, and just helping out at events and selling passes , etc. I believe we are fighting a hard battle against the people who do not like any motorized sport . THE cost of grooming is CERTAINLY HIGH but some clubs do very little grooming but have a large membership thus a lot of money in the bank , were other clubs do a lot of grooming either in miles done , long season , or the number of times they groom per week . SO THE MONEY DOES NOT GET TO WERE IT IS NEEDED ANYWAY. Just saying if money was better spread out . they would not have to keep raising the price of passes , how many raises in pay have the middle class got in the last 10 years .

SOME . not all clubs are doing very well . I have worked for more than one club , as a director, and just helping out at events and selling passes , etc. I believe we are fighting a hard battle against the people who do not like any motorized sport . THE cost of grooming is CERTAINLY HIGH but some clubs do very little grooming but have a large membership thus a lot of money in the bank , were other clubs do a lot of grooming either in miles done , long season , or the number of times they groom per week . SO THE MONEY DOES NOT GET TO WERE IT IS NEEDED ANYWAY. Just saying if money was better spread out . they would not have to keep raising the price of passes , how many raises in pay have the middle class got in the last 10 years .

I believe technology is starting to catch up to the clubs with large memberships and not doing much grooming. The matrixes for many grooming equalization rebates are being partially based on actual groomer hours, that are backed up by real verified GPS tracks. GPS units are on most Groomers that leave crumb trails, provincial organizations now can check where, when, and how fast the groomer traveled.

Well that's good for the sport in the future ,because we all like the early snow and late snow rides in the far north , so we need to help them out . It has been a problem for a long time , but we can't abandon the home town clubs or we will not get out for the short rides or the connector trails