Hotel central?

lindasledgirl

Yes that's the one SMDS.

Never stayed there,however certainly would'nt be my first choice. Lots of other nice places to stay in the area. Real' Masse is not far,Auberge Au de la Chutes is real nice,hot tub,good food and just north of town. Auberge Lac Taureau is fancy place right on Lac Taureau north of town. I'm sure you'll get more people chiming in with other places and opinions ! I'm not a fan of staying right in town.

Stayed at Cabanon a few times and its ok. Hot tub is nice after a long day. But as others said, you can do much better in other places.

IF you prefer something in town, Auberge Au Pied De La Chute is good. Stayed there a few years ago on an atv trip.

When are you going? Pm details.

Yes I have stayed there, it's pretty good, bar/restaurant is nice, right in town, indoor pool etc, rooms were simple but clean, gas next door, easy trail access in all directions and on Thursday nights they offer some interesting entertainment(starts after after 10 I think??).

The rooms are very basic and small but passable. It is a plus to have the bar and food service there plus the gas right next door. The restaurant behind the Central is good too. The pool and hot tub are nothing special either but you have them right there. Be careful about security here too. Thursday nights at the bar usually attracts a crowd.

It is a great place for the bar and restaurant. Close to gas and other needed business (repair, etc). Like others said basic rooms, but if you only need a bed to sleep then it is a good place. Our group for years rented a small condo at Au Petite Gibiere (or something like that), it is maybe a mile from Le Central. Great owners and nice little "apartment" for the price of a regular room. (full kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms upstairs, etc..) Been a few years now since we have stayed there (or even SMDS).

My brother was a referee for oil wrestling on one of those Thursday night events many years ago. Have stayed there several times since the 90's a good enough place close to everything and not to expensive.

My brother was a referee for oil wrestling on one of those Thursday night events many years ago. Have stayed there several times since the 90's a good enough place close to everything and not to expensive.

Oil wrestling???? Is it two stroke? What am I getting my self into here? I was invited for the week between Christmas and New years...I am getting a little nervous here lol

Now I am confused as to whether this is the place for me...typically asleep before 10 pm, so might be ok? YIKES!

Oil wrestling???? Is it two stroke? What am I getting my self into here? I was invited for the week between Christmas and New years...I am getting a little nervous here lol

Now I am confused as to whether this is the place for me...typically asleep before 10 pm, so might be ok? YIKES!

I hope you like big crowds,That area is a zoo during the regular season, could only imagine it during Christmas, New Years week! :crazy:

Yup 3 years ago we walked in on a friday night (not expecting much as it wasnt thursday) for some pizza and beer and we got to witness the full body painting and wash off shower in the all glass shower on the dance floor. Lets just say the girls made sure every nook and kranny was clean. lol

Yup 3 years ago we walked in on a friday night (not expecting much as it wasnt thursday) for some pizza and beer and we got to witness the full body painting and wash off shower in the all glass shower on the dance floor. Lets just say the girls made sure every nook and kranny was clean. lol

OH NO!!

this group booked...and I am not sure that is what they are looking for...I know I am not lol. I hope they have a good cancellation policy!

Thanks for your help guys!

OH NO!!

this group booked...and I am not sure that is what they are looking for...I know I am not lol. I hope they have a good cancellation policy!

Oh come on Princess!! You wanted to snowmobile with the boys!! Variety is the spice of live, you don't get oil wrestling in Clova!! LOL

Go for it, you only live once.

That is still early season. It looks like I am headed up on the 26th. Looking at Valins maybe Passion not sure right now. Just started looking tonight.

No opinion on the Central in SMDS always just rode by it. It is quite a busy area and if the snow is good the week between christmas & new year wil be no exception.

OH NO!!

Linda you'll be fine, it's a great place and the Thursday thing doesn't start till after the Holidays.

There will be lots of snow, always is at that time of the year. I am in that area as one of my first rides of the year around the 3rd week in Dec and have never been disappointed.

Just like every other place, it is busy in town but just a few km's out and you're in sled heaven.

I reccommend it.

Linda you'll be fine, it's a great place and the Thursday thing doesn't start till after the Holidays.

There will be lots of snow, always is at that time of the year. I am in that area as one of my first rides of the year around the 3rd week in Dec and have never been disappointed.

Just like every other place, it is busy in town but just a few km's out and you're in sled heaven.

I reccommend it.

I would 2nd this. Even if you were there during a Thursday you have to stay in the bar late enough to be exposed to it. As for traffic, clearly there can be more at some times in this area but as saddlebaggers you'll only maybe experience it as you approach and leave SMDS or the general area. A few miles in any direction other than south and you are in the sticks again.

My wife and I have been going up between Christmas & New Years for many years. We usually stay at Real Masse, but stayed at Cabanon last year. We've always had really good snow, but we did get rained out a couple years ago. It's tough to drive 10 hours, watch it rain all night, then drive 10 hours home, but you have to try.

We've never stayed at Central, and generally don't stay out past 7, so I don't know how crazy it gets. But we always stop there a couple times each year in the afternoon, and it's always been pretty calm. The only problem with staying in SMDS is the worst trail in the region is the trail from SMDS to Cabanon, lots & lots of traffic, often beat down to the dirt.

I would certainly look elsewhere Linda. It is party central, loud, theft, lots of drinking and riding etc.