Question for "mature QR's"

timbo

Got into a conversation the other day with a buddy I had ridden with years ago regarding a restaurant we enjoyed stopping by in "the day". (This guy used to be a jumbo enthusiast Quebec rider but dropped off the radar screen over 15 years ago).

This place was on the trail between St-Come and NDDLM, a couple of klicks out ofSC, before the ski hill, about 8-10 klicks before the Pont Suspendu. Their schtick was "brazier" in the middle of the dining room, and you selected your steak or chop from a plate and "grilled your own" on the wood fired grill. The first owner was a retired cop and the last guy who owned when it was still open in the winter and catering to snowmobillers, was a retired fireman, if memory serves. Was a great place, very popular with the sno-mo crowd.

We reminisced for hours, becoming increasingly incocktailated, but could never come up with the name. Anybody help me out?

Timbo

rmk

Thanks for jogging the memory. I remember that he had a partner from somewhere in PA. The guy was a snowmobiler who loved riding in Quebec and invested a little money in the place. Must have not been a real sound investment, as it closed shortly thereafter.......lol.

If you think of the name, let us know.

timbo

There was a guy from western PA, near Mars (if you can believe it). His name was Monty Moody and he had a large trailer sales operation. He might have been the guy. Monty was a great friend of Gaetan Aubin back in the day when Gaetan owned the Pot.

No this guy was near my home in Hamburg pa. Not much in the personality Dept. Sure that didn't help. Neat place reminded me of the one near yamachie spelling of that might be off. He was just south of pioner pole building office.

I remember the other fella as well.

I'm sure you were mistaken with your thoughts about the "brazier place" being the Grand Gallop, RMK. I know you would not patronize an unsavoury establishment of that nature. :-)

timbo

I'm sure you were mistaken with your thoughts about the "brazier place" being the Grand Gallop, RMK. I know you would not patronize an unsavoury establishment of that nature. :-)

timbo

In my own defence I regrettably have nothing. I'll try harder