Stud Ban Update - The Quebec Minister Robert Poëti never intended to prohibit stud for snowmobiles

Hello,

Today, the Québec Minister of Transport, M. Robert Poëti, announced that he never intended to prohibit the use of stud for snowmobiles.

Here is the translation of the press release. (Since they don't have it in English, I had to use Google Translate, my apologize).

QUEBEC, Jan. 21 2016 / CNW Telbec / -. The Minister of Transport of Quebec, Mr. Robert Poëti, explained that, as part of the pilot project on the use of stud on tires and track vehicles off-road, it was never his intention to ban stud for snowmobiles, while reiterating that security on roads or off-road is a priority for him at all times.
"During the drafting of the ministerial order, a generalization of measures to all off-road vehicules could suggest that we will restrict the use of stud for snowmobiles, which is absolutely not the case. To avoid confusion in its application, the wording of the order will be clarified as soon as possible, "said Minister poeti.
For its part, the Federation of Quebec snowmobile clubs expressed reassured by the minister. "We consider that this is excellent news for the safety of snowmobilers and winter tourism industry," acknowledged the President of the Federation, Denise Grenier, while offering its full cooperation on the matter.
"This is great news for the snowmobile industry. I invite all snowmobilers to enjoy their sport while discovering the wealth winter and hospitality found in all regions of Quebec, "was keen to stress the Tourism Minister Dominique Vien.
Here is the link to the French version of the release.
So, as usual, sledders are more then welcome in Quebec Snowmobile Trails.