The article "Why we snowmobile Quebec"

Greg du Vermont

With appreciation to and great input from my fellow QR'ers

Here is the end result of the article which I was asked to write for the quebec magazine "SPORTS MOTORISES" in my capacity as the American ambassador to the Quebec Snowmobilers Association. (association des motoneigiste du quebec) "AdmdQ" The article was translated and published in french. I will try to attach a copy of the actual page as it appears. I am told that they are enjoying our perspective, recognition and compliment. I hope that you enjoy this message to our quebec friends.

Why we “Snowmobile Quebec” An American Snowmobiler perspective

Since my 1st snowmobiling trip to Quebec in 1984 I have had more great pleasures, experiences and friendships than any one person could ever hope to have. For those who dream of winter all summer long, Quebec represents the mother land of our sport, the pinnacle of unforgettable snowmobiling experiences. When American snowmobilers are asked why they “Snowmobile Quebec” their answers are thoughtful and sincere. Here are just a few of our many reasons.

The people: Quebecers are unlike any people we have ever met. Warm, friendly, generous, ingenious, resourceful, hardworking, proud, passionate, sincere, helpful and most of all fun loving. The “make it happen”, “make it better” volunteer spirit, commitment and efforts have created the best snowmobile trail system on the planet. When Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” we feel like we are a part of a fantastic people.

The beauty: Quebec offers incredible sights. From Abitibi to Lanaudiere, the Laurentides, Mauricie, Quebec, Charlevoix, Saguenay Bas St-Laurent, Chaudiere, Cote Nord, to Gaspesie, the Townships and every destination in between, Quebec is blessed and graced with some of the most beautiful and varied landscapes on earth. When Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” we get to share your incredible sights and create memories of places and times that will stay with us for the rest of our lives.

The system: The interconnecting network of snowmobiles trails which have been created, expanded, maintained and preserved through the efforts of dedicated and passionate volunteers since the birth of our sport continues to be 2nd to none. The opportunities it provides for adventure and destination are unlimited. Superior grooming, maps and signage truly make the most of your system. When Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” we enjoy endless opportunity for exploration and adventure with respect, comfort, admiration, appreciation and gratitude.

The businesses: The acceptance and welcoming of snowmobiling and snowmobilers in Quebec is like no other. The recognition of the significant economic impact that snowmobiling represents and the support of government, businesses, landowners and volunteers create a unique and warm experience wherever we travel. When Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” we feel, welcomed, valued and appreciated.

The excitement: Whether it is for the 1st time or the 100th time, going beyond the borders of your own country in search of fun, relaxation, entertainment, experience and adventure is a very, very special feeling. The adrenaline and anticipation of the unknown, the funny looking money and the inevitable challenges of a small language barrier all combine to offer a special excitement to each visit. Many of us come from States with wonderful snowmobiling, but Quebec is an unforgettable international experience in addition to great snowmobiling. When Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” we have the unique opportunity to experience all of the challenges and excitement of going international.

Your American Snowmobiling friends encourage you to keep up your exceptional work.

Be proud of your heritage; keep your passion, your fun loving disposition and your welcoming hospitality. Protect your language, your freedoms, your environment, your open areas and your commitment to the preservation of the world’s premiere snowmobile trail system.

If you see an American snowmobiler with a problem, continue giving us a little help or information. We may look a little confused or nervous, but if we each speak slowly, our French and English languages are not that much different and we can communicate just fine. Americans “Snowmobile Quebec” because we love the sport of snowmobiling and love what Quebec offers to those of us who are fortunate enough to visit. Thanks for having us.

ADMDQ_article.pdf

Sincerely, Greg du Vermont

greg<very well written,with heart and respect for a country so close.some friends insist on riding ny nh or vt,without giving que a fair chance..but once all the stories are told the think a little differently.i tell them my season is short so i head for the border as fast as i can,its a trip,adventure and a way of life that has to be expirenced.viva quebec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!