AdmdQ early season update

Greg du Vermont

AdmdQ update

By now I’m sure that most QR’s are at least somewhat familiar with the AdmdQ (Association des Motoneigistes du Quebec) Quebec Snowmobilers Association in English and my small role as its’ American Ambassador.

As our season begins to hit full stride, I thought that I would offer an early season update as to a few of the association’s activities and initiatives on behalf of and in service to all Quebec Snowmobiliers. As always, I invite you to join or rejoin (as the case may be) the AdmdQ membership and to check out the helpful and interesting content which can be found on AdmdQ.org. Please note that as the role and activities of the AdmdQ have increased that the dues for 2010 season are now $20.

The AdmdQ continues to enjoy increased recognition as an organized, credible and unified voice of Quebec Snowmobilers. The AdmdQ leadership and president Patrick Boucher have become more and more frequently sought out and called upon for input and response to snowmobile issues by print, radio and television media. These media encounters and opportunities allow the AdmdQ to further its goal of presenting the sport of snowmobiling in a balanced, positive light (even when the topic may be less than positive) to the greater public. With this increased recognition comes a much greater time demand on the AdmdQ administration for meeting attendance and forum participation.

Last season it was identified that an unfortunate gap in emergency services exists in some of the provincial parks. This is mainly due to the fact that the parks are not the particular responsibility of a specific township and that communication between possible respondents was not open and clear. An initiative was undertaken by AdmdQ director Benoit specifically regarding park Laurentide located between Quebec and Saguenay, lac St Jean to bring together emergency service providers from neighboring towns to agree on and formulate a more organized protocol regarding communication, location and response efforts. This initiative was welcomed by all involved and will result in a better coordination and understanding of the capabilities of the areas emergency service providers. Most of us have fortunately never thought much about this, but obviously prompt emergency response time in such remote areas is critical to all Quebec riders. Nice effort by our AdmdQ friend Ben.

The AdmdQ.org website content continues to expand. If you are not a regular visitor, you really should be. Interactive trail map with current conditions, important info, relevant club and tourism links, news items, videos, all the details of the AdmdQ’s expanded 2010, 10% discount lodging program, membership information and much more on the efforts and mission of the AdmdQ. The “Bienvenue” French portion of the site contains the most content and I invite you to brush up on the language of snowmobile. Really…… give it a try, I think that you will be surprised at how much you can and will understand if you give it a whirl.

Recently the AdmdQ was invited to be a participating member of the newly formed Quebec snowmobile coalition. This group will address issues pertaining to the sport of snowmobiling and is made up of representatives from each of the 4 manufacturers, the Quebec snowmobile dealers association, the federation of snowmobile clubs and the AdmdQ representing Quebec snowmobilers. Wow, once again with the help of the AdmdQ, snowmobilers with a seat at the table and a real voice.

In addition to the AdmdQ efforts that we as American Quebec riders take benefit from there are obviously several of the AdmdQ’s efforts which are much better recognized and known to Quebecers. Media and interview appearances. The weekly radio trail condition reports and commentary on stations throughout Quebec and the French “Sports Motorises” snowmobile magazine which is mailed directly to AdmdQ members living in Quebec (unfortunately postal cost make it cost prohibitive for US AdmdQ members to receive it without supplemental membership charges)

In only it’s 5th year the AdmdQ’s role in giving Quebec snowmobilers a stronger, unified voice in the preservation and protection of our sport, continues to grow. The AdmdQ continues to devote much of its’ efforts to positive, solutions and media publicity for the sport of Snowmobiling. Whether at the local club, community or Provincial government level, the AdmdQ’s goal is to be current on issues affecting snowmobilers and prepared to defend, protect and promote our interest.

Ride safe, ride smart