Dkarwh, Did you get your sled fixed??

NH Vector

I broke in Kedgewick River, axle again and wasn't very happy. Sat around until Monday to get it fixed and then got caught in the blizzard on Wednesday so I never made it back to Tony's. Don't know what I am going to do now. Should have traded it last fall but figured it was good to go after the last axle in March of 2007. I don't like it much when the sled breaks, don't suppose anybody does but the damn axle goes and no brakes. It is a major accomplishment getting it out of the woods without making it worse, either the tow sled or the one being towed. When Chad's engine went at least he had a way to stop it. Foot dragging doesn't work to good!

Karl,

I'm headed up friday. Do you know if moose valley is grooming the trail to quebec border??? I would like to try this but I don't know anything about it. Distances etc and where it comes out in Quebec. Any infor is appreciated.

NHV

The last time I was there I took the trail and it was groomed without a sled track on it. Also the club in Biencourt is grooming from 548 to the New Brunswick border which when I went through was also without a sled track on it. The only bad thing is you have to run the side of the road by the lake for 4 or 5 miles. No big deal as long as it has snow on it. It comes out at the ski hill in Biencourt and 548 goes through the parking lot. They are snowmobile friendly and a good place for lunch. Take a left and it goes to Squatec and a right goes towards Rimouski. If you ride it Friday or early Sat it will be good. Stopped in Moose Valley two weeks ago and it was difficult finding a parking place for the sleds. A place that has caught on wicked. They also have it signed better, last year it was kind of like following your nose.