L'Escale Hotel - Val D'or Question

14 snow

I will be in Val D'or next weekend and we have chosen to stay at this property this time.  We have always stayed at Forestel but we had issues with them last winter so we are trying somewhere new.

If anyone has stayed here?  If so, can you comment on the trail access in from 83? Road running etc.?

Is there gas available near by?

Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, 14 snow said:

I will be in Val D'or next weekend and we have chosen to stay at this property this time.  We have always stayed at Forestel but we had issues with them last winter so we are trying somewhere new.

If anyone has stayed here?  If so, can you comment on the trail access in from 83? Road running etc.?

Is there gas available near by?

Thank you in advance.

Have stayed there. Not as sled friendly from an access point but OK. Used to have a heated garage. You have some street running to get there. Gas can be had a few blocks away. I prefer Forestel but to each his own!

Apparently the Continental has been renovated.  I haven't stayed there in years, but I remember it being on the economical side (which wasn't a bad thing!).  Sled accessibility was ok at the time, and according to the FCMQ map, you still access it by the alleyway running out back.

15 minutes ago, Gullyrider said:

Apparently the Continental has been renovated.  I haven't stayed there in years, but I remember it being on the economical side (which wasn't a bad thing!).  Sled accessibility was ok at the time, and according to the FCMQ map, you still access it by the alleyway running out back.

We always stay at the continental...yes it has been renovated and some really nice rooms plus the owner is a snowmobiler. A little bit pain in the ass to get there for first timer but once you know how to get there, very easy and well signed. You must take the little street behind brp dealer(Beric) coming in from louvicourt.

• 11 months later...

I never updated this after we were there.  We did stay at L'Escale.  It was hard to find but it was -35 or so and dark.  Once we got there we took advantage of the heated garage.  The restaurant/Bar was good.  There was a DJ that made it very entertaining.  Rooms and breakfast were also good.  Off the top of my head, I forget where the fuel was.

Would stay again but we did book Forestel for next weekend.  Frankly we were on the fence but thought Forestel was a bit easier to find and for getting fuel.  

As I write this, I would still stay at either in a heartbeat.