Funny Story

This actually happened this past Sat evening.

Around 5PM Sat afternoon 20 Quebec motorcyclist, from Valleyfield QC, came into the Cannon Mt View Motel/Tavern. They had made room reservations and the group leader has stayed there in the past. They got thier room keys and went to the rooms to freshen up. About 1/2 hour later the group leader asked where they could get some beer as they wanted to have a few beers in their room before having supper. The owner told them there was a store about a mile down the road. A waiter told them to use his car and the keys were in it. It was parked out front. About the same time a lady came in to pickup her pizza that she had ordered. She came into the bar and was told her pizza would be ready in about 10 minutes. So she ordered a beer and began talking to her friend who was sitting next to me. Her pizza came, she paid and went out the door with her pizza. About 30 seconds later she came running back in and said "Call the police, my car has been stolen". She said "I parked it right there and now it's gone". Needless to say she was quite excited. Anoter guy sitting at the bar told her that he had seen 3 guys drive off in her car about 2 minutes before that and they had headed towards town. The police came within a minute or two after the call was made, the Police Station is only 100 yards from the Tavern. About this time the waiter came by and said "Oh I think the guys took your car and not mine, as mine is still here. The lady, with her pizza in hand, and the Policeman got into the squad car and headed into town. Her car was parked in front of the grocery store. They went inside saw the 3 guys with a shopping cart full of beer. They got it sorted out, the lady got her keys from the Quebecers, got into her car, with her pizza, and headed home. The Policeman told the Quebecers he would take them back to the Motel. It was quite a sight seeing the Quebecers loading all their beer into the squad car, getting in and having the policeman drive them away. Same when they arrived back at the Motel. Too funny.

Too funny Bill see you in a couple of weeks!

Andy

Around 5PM Sat afternoon 20 Quebec motorcyclist, from Valleyfield QC, came into the Cannon Mt View Motel/Tavern. They had made room reservations and the group leader has stayed there in the past. They got thier room keys and went to the rooms to freshen up. About 1/2 hour later the group leader asked where they could get some beer as they wanted to have a few beers in their room before having supper. The owner told them there was a store about a mile down the road. A waiter told them to use his car and the keys were in it. It was parked out front. About the same time a lady came in to pickup her pizza that she had ordered. She came into the bar and was told her pizza would be ready in about 10 minutes. So she ordered a beer and began talking to her friend who was sitting next to me. Her pizza came, she paid and went out the door with her pizza. About 30 seconds later she came running back in and said "Call the police, my car has been stolen". She said "I parked it right there and now it's gone". Needless to say she was quite excited. Anoter guy sitting at the bar told her that he had seen 3 guys drive off in her car about 2 minutes before that and they had headed towards town. The police came within a minute or two after the call was made, the Police Station is only 100 yards from the Tavern. About this time the waiter came by and said "Oh I think the guys took your car and not mine, as mine is still here. The lady, with her pizza in hand, and the Policeman got into the squad car and headed into town. Her car was parked in front of the grocery store. They went inside saw the 3 guys with a shopping cart full of beer. They got it sorted out, the lady got her keys from the Quebecers, got into her car, with her pizza, and headed home. The Policeman told the Quebecers he would take them back to the Motel. It was quite a sight seeing the Quebecers loading all their beer into the squad car, getting in and having the policeman drive them away. Same when they arrived back at the Motel. Too funny.

Bill

I am delighted to learn of the wonderful reception "visiting firemen" receive when visiting your nook of NH. Hopefully all of us can look forward to the same courtesies when the Quebec Riders arrive in a couple of weeks.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

timbo