Update Mt Valin La hutte trail

Greg du Vermont

Yes, it was my understanding that the decision was going to have much graver consequences in other affected parks, where there was, less than reasonable or no reroute alternative around fairly short distances that past through the park lands. The AdmdQ is still appealing to government agencies and officials to see the imprudence and fiscal irresponsibility of this decision. Hopefully the voice of reason and snowmobilers will prevail.

About 3-4 years ago the Caribou-Conscrits stopped grooming trail 265. The Park Service took over the grooming. They didn't do it very often and when they did it was a terrible job. The last few years it wasn't groomed very often. The vehicle they use to haul the skiers and snowshoers makes terrible ruts in the trail to the point that I"ve only gone up once in the past 2 years. BUT A BIG PART OF US LOSING THE TRAIL IS BECAUSE SOME JERKS JUST WON"T STAY ON THE TRAIL. They had signs up telling snowmobilers to stay on the trail but "the all about me" crowd just believes that that notice is only for other people. I don't mean to get on the soapbox but a lot of times we have only ourselves to blame.

Bill,

I watched one of those guys climb a small pine tree with his RX-1 Mountain last year in that very location. We were enjoying the view over a nice esspresso one of our coffee fiends brought along when in rolled this gang that started slaloming in the trees. The crash into the tree was only satisfying until one of them pulled out a saw and cut it down. Hence my 'Creme de Menthe' rant.

Dozer