First trip 12/19-23/2009

mached

Conditions near the ski slope (93 & bras louis) were marginal on Sunday due to low snow conditions on certain sections of 328 and 93 and lack of recent grooming on the rest of it. Monday headed west to Lamarche where the trails were much better. Stayed at the Scoobyraid with host's Marie and William and indulged in a new menu item we named the "mountain of meat". From there headed north in the direction of Onichaway then south to 328 back to Falardeau to the Auberge Carcajou for a fantastic dinner. It snowed for 24 hours, leaving 10" of fresh snow. I am guessing that within a week, riding out of Chicoutimi / Jonquire will be possible. My .02

Did you pay and ride the Onatchiway trails?

Did you drive by Le'Tape on the way up? How did it look?

Conditions near the ski slope (93 & bras louis) were marginal on Sunday due to low snow conditions on certain sections of 328 and 93 and lack of recent grooming on the rest of it. Monday headed west to Lamarche where the trails were much better. Stayed at the Scoobyraid with host's Marie and William and indulged in a new menu item we named the "mountain of meat". From there headed north in the direction of Onichaway then south to 328 back to Falardeau to the Auberge Carcajou for a fantastic dinner. It snowed for 24 hours, leaving 10" of fresh snow. I am guessing that within a week, riding out of Chicoutimi / Jonquire will be possible. My .02

Heading up Sunday, have to decide where! Really don;t want to drive all the way to Mont Valins if we don;t have too!

Did not ride the private trails in Onatchiway. L'etape looked to have enough to groom but I saw no grooming on trail beside road.