LSJ 2/14 - 2/25

GT Rider

My wife and I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn in Jonquiere this trip. It was great to meet so many QuebecRider's at the hotel.

Here are some photo's from our rides

Day 1 258 miles.

Day01Track.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

The GPS program was not always 100% accurate. :lol: This was not the Mont Victor-Tremblay over look.

IMG_0497.jpg

A quick fuel stop at Chapelle.

IMG_0505.jpg

A fantastic view from Bovin.

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

The view from Marguerite.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

The Ice flow at Lac Canots.

IMG_0519.jpg

We made our way back to Chapelle for dinner. Then back to the HI.

Day 3 180 miles

When we got to 93 passed the air port it became clear that I needed to change my rear springs. I did not follow my planed trip but went to the dealer asap. Set an appointment for Friday and looked for smoother trails :rofl: .

Day03Track.jpg

383 nice and smooth.

IMG_0536.jpg

The crossing to St Charles.

IMG_0540.jpg

Just before crossing a bridge on 93.

IMG_0543.jpg

We went over to Evaison to see about rentals. No good till next Monday.

Day 5 77 miles

Dropped off my sled for springs. I found a rental yamaha and had it delivered for a test drive.

Day05Track.jpg

We went to Relais Bouleauniere for breakfast. Then we went over to the Ha Ha. It was raining and snowing big wet flakes. I did not take a picture.

I decided not to go on the ice so we went around to 368 to get the view from the other side. Well along the way on a fairly smooth trail the suspension collapsed.

That ended my test drive. I called the rental who came and picked us up. I then went to get my sled with the new springs.

Day 7 11 miles

Day07Track.jpg

We were going to breakfast at Relais Bouleauniere. Just after crossing the dam I lost power and it stalled. I thought it might be a battery issue as the fuel injection does not like low voltage. Two gents passed by and offered to help me get a battery. long story short it turned out to be a piston. I got towed to Bouchard sports and he dropped us off at the hotel. 10400 original miles. I wont complain.

We decided to take a drive around the lake.

Farm Feild with big drifts.

IMG_0571.jpg

Snowmobiles crossing the lake.

IMG_0570.jpg

Day 8 220 miles

I went to evasion and rented a TZ1 thanks to Mikerider's advice.

Day08Track.jpg

Finally made it to breakfast.

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Went to check the damage.

IMG_0582.jpg

Trail 383 was nice.

IMG_0588.jpg

Trail 83 was a horror but the scenery was fantastic.

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

We found a great place to have dinner in L'Anse-Saint-Jean called Auberge La Fjordelaise.

Day 9 93 miles

We Trailered to the Ski-Doo Dealer in Chicoutimi and headed for Ste-Rose-du-Nord.

Day09Track.jpg

Passing the airport on 93. Trails were like mashed potatoes.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

I did not take pictures of the dirt and mud puddles but it got real bad to the 328 turn off. 328 was real soft but ride-able.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Day 10 50 Miles

I dropped off the rental at Evasion and we stopped by to check on my sled. I had to wait till 12:30 to pick it up.

I drove over suited up and took it for a test drive. I was shocked that 383 was in decent condition the rain and warm temps were taking a toll.

Day10Track.jpg

I had a chance to test out my sled and brought it back so he could give it the once over. It felt great.

L'Etape is a great area to ride. The snow around Chicoutimi is done but is there any place to stay near mount valin? Good snow up there still?

My last 3 days were warm with some rain. The snow that was left was very soft. on 93 going toward Valin before turning on 328 there were long sections of mud puddles and dirt. I don't see how it could recover as the temps have been high. Bill said there were open sections of water around the lake. It looked like the area was done to me. I guess you could call K31 and ask.