Quebec Vacation, need advice!

hammy

We are planning a trip for this winter and I would like to visit Old Quebec City while there. I know you cannot ride there so I will drive to do that part. From a snowmobiling stand point of view I am thinking I need to stay about 1 hour north of Quebec. We prefer a cabin, on a lake would be nice but not a requirement, off the beaten path yet food and gas close by. We are seniors that enjoy nature, ride 150 miles a day yet enjoy exploratory trails. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks in advance, Mike

We are planning a trip for this winter and I would like to visit Old Quebec City while there. I know you cannot ride there so I will drive to do that part. From a snowmobiling stand point of view I am thinking I need to stay about 1 hour north of Quebec. We prefer a cabin, on a lake would be nice but not a requirement, off the beaten path yet food and gas close by. We are seniors that enjoy nature, ride 150 miles a day yet enjoy exploratory trails. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks in advance, Mike

I can't help you with cabins but when I first started riding in Quebec we stayed at the Colibri in St. Foy. There is also the Quebec Inn in the same town. It's about 15-20 minutes to the Old City. Try to plan on early February & take in the Winter Carnival. The Colibri is very dated but it has everything you would need. (Bar, restaurant, locked parking for sleds, close to gas & stores). The Quebec Inn is much nicer (more expensive) but does not have locked parking for sleds and they have had problems there with sleds being stolen. That may have changed as I have not been there for a couple of years. There are multiple trails from that area. My first 8 years we rode from there for a week at a time and always found plenty of places to go to by sled.

Good luck, where ever you go you probably won't be disappointed.

Denis

Thanks in advance, Mike

I would suggest town of Saint-Raymond. roughly 40 mins bv car from old quebec. Many trail choices and all 4 manufactures have good dealers in town. I can recommend some high end log cabins nearby and a great hotel in old quebec. I run tours in quebec, so I am familiar with the area.