It's That Time Again- First Trip arounf Val D'Or Next Weekend

Snowbunny

We're heading up by truck to Val D'Or this weekend. Forestel was totally booked for Friday night, so we are staying at the Comfort Inn (I haven't before but they guy from the hotel says the trail runs behind it). Heading Saturday morning for Val D'Or to Amos to La Sarre to Rouyn Noranda. Staying at Le Noranda for the night (praying that the trail is groomed to the hotel this time, guy at the hotel did have a clue :S) Driving from Rouyn Noranda back to Val D'Or Sunday morning and trucking back to Ottawa.

Short run, but should be a good one! Guessing from the fact the the Forestel is booked trails must be in good shape. I'll let you know :)

We're heading up by truck to Val D'Or this weekend. Forestel was totally booked for Friday night, so we are staying at the Comfort Inn (I haven't before but they guy from the hotel says the trail runs behind it). Heading Saturday morning for Val D'Or to Amos to La Sarre to Rouyn Noranda. Staying at Le Noranda for the night (praying that the trail is groomed to the hotel this time, guy at the hotel did have a clue :S) Driving from Rouyn Noranda back to Val D'Or Sunday morning and trucking back to Ottawa.

Short run, but should be a good one! Guessing from the fact the the Forestel is booked trails must be in good shape. I'll let you know :)

cool.....will wait for your report

Hey Snowbunny my wife and I went from Temiscaming on Friday morning to Val Dor. Only a small bad section around Bearn, Ville Marie and over to Fugerville. 309 was good to Rapid Sept and fantastic from Rapid Sept to Val Dor. Trails around Val Dor are good. Saturday we took 313 north to Barraute (309 north of Val Dor has some logging on it)then over to Amos to La Sarre and then down to Rouyn and stayed at the Alpine.Trails around Rouyn are not as good as they are listing but passible everything else was great. Rouyn back to Temiscaming on Sunday, for a first run it was great. I am going back up this weekend with a group of buddies (12) and we could not get roons at Forestel either so we will see you at the Comfort Inn Friday night. We will be the group with 6 1200 Ski Doo 4 tecs, say hi if you get a chance. Dave

Hey Snowbunny my wife and I went from Temiscaming on Friday morning to Val Dor. Only a small bad section around Bearn, Ville Marie and over to Fugerville. 309 was good to Rapid Sept and fantastic from Rapid Sept to Val Dor. Trails around Val Dor are good. Saturday we took 313 north to Barraute (309 north of Val Dor has some logging on it)then over to Amos to La Sarre and then down to Rouyn and stayed at the Alpine.Trails around Rouyn are not as good as they are listing but passible everything else was great. Rouyn back to Temiscaming on Sunday, for a first run it was great. I am going back up this weekend with a group of buddies (12) and we could not get roons at Forestel either so we will see you at the Comfort Inn Friday night. We will be the group with 6 1200 Ski Doo 4 tecs, say hi if you get a chance. Dave

Sounds like you had a really nice trip thanks for the report. Snowing really hard here at home, so looks like we might get some fresh powder! It's just my boyfriend and I this weekend. We have 2 skidoo e tecs, one 50th anniversary and one with the woman's package. I bet you can guess which one is mine :p I'll be sure to say hello!

• 3 weeks later...