hotel in shawinigan area

mad4snow

No need more to go on Jeff. Not sounding like anywhere. There is a motel in lac a tortue, i think. (turtle lake) near Pizza du lac and a gas station.Wish i knew.

No need more to go on Jeff. Not sounding like anywhere. There is a motel in lac a tortue, i think. (turtle lake) near Pizza du lac and a gas station.Wish i knew.

it is either in the nothern part of shawinigan or north of the city kind of a small place with kitchen in the rooms it sounded like lock stable or something close it has direct trail access thats about all I have sorry

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Iceman I got more info its motel Di No in lac aux stables.how is this area to ride out of? me and a buddy are heading up tuesday till friday.is it a safe place to leave the truck.we will probly saddle bag it up to see Bill and 7 uf us are going up the 18-23.I usually go to hotel safai not to familiar with this are only been 3 times

thanks for any info

Jeff

I have nothing to give you sorry. Not familiar with the motel. Area should be fine. Snow is good. Trails real good.

thanks for all the help my buddy who I just started to ride with last year has been going up there for years now.

in you opion iceman what town would be better to start in lac aux sable or shwainigan for a 3 day saddle bag trip

thanks

Jeff

Both great it depends where you are wanting to go? 3 days total? From lac aux sable (which i have passed thru many many times just never stay or stop. Just burn on by.) its easy up the 23 thru st ray to Saguenay ride mt valin one day and ride back. Or you go up from lac aux sable thru st ry on 23 then loop the lake and back to the trucks. Is this weekdays or a long weekend? Makes all the difference when you ride. Weekends are busy. Very Busy many places. Plan ahead.

we will be up this tuesday back to truck friday thinking riding up to see Bill at the old HI maybe ride with him or do a loop around the lake to robervile then back to the truck I would like to ride the pipe line did than a few years ago with Stan (zuesand)and would like to do it again