Planning a trip around Quebec in early Feb.

Squad143

Looking on some info on a trip I'm planning for early Feb.

Saturday, leaving Haliburton (Ont.) and going to Maniwaki.

Maniwaki to Shwanigan

Shwanigan to Lac St. Jean (area).

Lac St. Jean to Chibougamau

Chibougamau to Val-D'or

Val-D'or to North Bay (Ont.)

Return to Haliburton (Fri.)

That is roughly the planned stops. I am flexible to the towns that we stay at.

Looking for advice on where to stay (or where to stay away from). We'd perfer locked storage at night, heated would be best. Restaurants, hot-tubs are a bonus. Any help on fuel on the long remote stretches would be useful.

Anyone know if the mill between Roberval and Chibougamau still sells fuel?

What are the fuel stops between Chibougamau and Senneterre?

Thanks

Welcome to QuebecRider Squad143.

I haven’t stayed in the Shawinigan area in awhile. I’m sure someone else can give suggestions for there.

If you want to stay on the west side of Lac St Jean, the popular spots are Chateau Roberval in Roberval or Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien.

Top off your tanks at La Dore on trail 93 before heading up to Chibougamau. I don’t know if the logging camp is open this year. If not, the next gas stop is Relais du Nord which is not too far from Chibougamau.

On the other side, top off at Chapais and then the next gas is at Waswanipi. Waswanipi is a little bit of a hike off trail 83. The gas stop at Miqulon I read is closed this year which means the next stop is Lebel sur Quevillon.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi :)

Welcome to QuebecRider Squad143.

I haven’t stayed in the Shawinigan area in awhile. I’m sure someone else can give suggestions for there.

If you want to stay on the west side of Lac St Jean, the popular spots are Chateau Roberval in Roberval or Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien.

Top off your tanks at La Dore on trail 93 before heading up to Chibougamau. I don’t know if the logging camp is open this year. If not, the next gas stop is Relais du Nord which is not too far from Chibougamau.

On the other side, top off at Chapais and then the next gas is at Waswanipi. Waswanipi is a little bit of a hike off trail 83. The gas stop at Miqulon I read is closed this year which means the next stop is Lebel sur Quevillon.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi :)

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info on Lac St. Jean and the fuel.

I'm skiing at Mont Sainte Anne this week and boy are we getting a ton of snow right now.

Looking forward to the snowmobile trip.

Edited by Squad143