Local Hot Spots

SHodas

Was in Shawinigan a few weeks ago and found that Chez Rogers in St Prosper was completely closed and Pub 57 in the downtown area was also closed. Ended up eating some lousy Chinese food. Anyone know the new places to eat in this area, both on and off the trails?

Yeah the pub 57 closed until april unreal. sucks bad. Chez Rogers is over. Relais Station in st severin close to shawi on trail covered little bridge in lot.Where did you get the lousy chinese food? Near Safari? Next to Olco? (gas station). Fusee near safari is no gourmet food but good. St hubert by truck from gov hotel. Most good restos in trois riveres. Their is Memento near pub 57 up street down the block. (pizza) by truck or taxi.In st joeseph de mekinac on trail to latuque there are two good resto/relais on trail there one across from gas one right where trail comes in from st tite.It aint like it used to be for sure.My wife worked at pub 57 eight years and was told in end of sept they would close for winter oct 15 until april 15. Stupidness. Next to pub is a micro brewery good food and beers. Small side street next to pub. Gov hotel has good food too.

I met your wife working at Pub 57, I think it was 2 yrs ago. She told me Iceman was her husband. Too bad its closed. Always liked that place, good beers and good food. We did see the Relais Station, next time we'll stop there. Yes, the lousy food was near Safari. I'll have to remember the pub near the Gov hotel. My next trip up there will be doing the Gaspe loop. Appreciate the update.

I knew it for the chinese. Yeah the good chinese is there next to gov hotel too next to micro brewery called the devils hole. Named for the pit at the bottom of the waterfalls behind the big tower there in shawinigan. Chinese is Cite Ankoor real good. Or if at hotel like safari you can order from restaurant stratos or Olympic in shawinigan south they deliver free and Olympic has english for sure. Just for the future. Enjoy Gaspe. Should be there in march we shall see.

• 3 weeks later...