Lanaudiere/Mauricie 2012/13 trail map online (and comments)

towing

To help you plan your trips, here is the Lanaudiere/Mauricie 2012/13 trail map link

for pdf version (paper like version): http://snowmobilecou.../maps-brochures or the interactive link with the "custom itinerary" button that enable you to trace an itinerary and having all distance: http://snowmobilecountry.ca/en/map

There are not alot of changes but they are somes. To begin, we still have acces to Mt-Tremblant park this season like last year, from Caribou entrance for St-Donat, St-Côme and St-Michel park gates on the other sides. On the map, they are label as temporary trail and by-pass trails showed as dash line. From the news I have we should have acces in the park all the season and the by-pass will probably not open or just partially. Also, the #33 trail from St-Donat to Coin Lavigne will take a new route on the part near Coin Lavigne (heard good things about this new part)

map2013.jpg

St-Côme area got problems with some trails this year. It is the case for the #43 trail from St-Côme to Notre-Dame de la Merci (suspended bridge trail) that get cut in Val St-Côme ski center area. It was so unsure to find a solution that this trail is not showed on the map(have been raise up on the #33) but from the last news they have found an agreement and this historical trail should still be open this season.

stcome.jpg

A new link have been announced completed a couple week ago between Laurentide area and St-Donat. It is the yellow trace on the map below that will link St-Agathe to St-Donat by the Black Mountain trail. It will give a new loop option and the Black Mountain trail won't be a dead end anymore!!!

cartest-aghate.jpg

A bit more north, the new bridge over the Mattawin river that I showed you last year had received a new deck extension on the east side this summer and the acces should not been flood again. I had not seen it yet but will take pics when we got there.

More North, the old #369 trail that run from Repos to Casey is now label #345 and officially take themore straight path, and directly pass at Kanawata. There is rumor that la Petite Gare at Casey won't open this year but it is not confirmed yet..

casey.jpg

I will surely have others updates when the trail will begin to open...

think snow :drinks:

Alain