First Impressions on New Ski Doo / Nytro

Scranton1

Early Rider,

Great Video. Cant wait to get up to the HI!

I saw the new xp chassis and a Nytro.........

Any pros/cons stand out with either machine?

Im usually reluctant to buy a new model year for the obvious reasons.

The skidoo's at my dealer won't be ready to dec 19th

How is the mileage on the nytro. 7.5 gallon tank (WHY)

Your input would be greatly appreciated

Scranton 1

Scranton I am also waiting for some real non-biased reports on the Nytro. TourBuddy from Canada already has a buddy tank that adds 4 gal to capacity. The Nytro should be good for 175 miles with 11 gals. I am not very interested in DOO...I need a 4-stroke.

Here is a Nytro Review from HCS.

Well we finally got enough snow to cover the grass and I just couldnt stand it any longer. I fired the nytro rtx up for the first time and unloaded it off the trailer. All I can say is WOW! this thing frickin rips. I only have 2 acres of yard to play in so it was short but sweet. I only put 4 miles on it, but man was I impressed.

This thing pulls hard and does endless wheelies. I literally could hold the skis up until I had to let off to keep from going into the neighbors property. I paced it off and I was standing the sled on its tail for over 30 yards. It would have kept going but I was going so fast I didnt want to piss the neighbor off by tearing his yard up too...lol...It was so fun.

The ergos on the sled are perfect. I felt very comfortable and could stand from the sitting position with little effort. Standing up I did not feel like my arms were over extended like I do on my F7. The sled feels light and I noticed no considerable difference in riding "weight" between the two sleds. I could toss this one around just like my F7. The seat being tapered lets u move around to give it imputs in the corner. I felt like I was just an extension of the sled when I rode it.

Compared to my 06 F7 Sno Pro....... this thing is way more fun, hands down. Now dont get me wrong I love my F7 too but this thing is an absolute hoot. The rider forward position makes u really feel in control and that u are part of the sled not just riding it. I always felt like I was sitting behind the sled on my F7. I feel like im on top of this one and right over the skis. I cant wait for some agressive trail riding.

The throttle response is amazaing and the motor revs so fast that u better be holding on. The thing sounds like a sport bike when you rip on it and there is no lag or hesitation like a two stroke. My F7 is fast as hell but there is that momentary lul in the power until it hits the right RPM. Not this thing. U hammer the throttle and it just goes pointing the skis in the air.

Now take my review with a grain of salt as I was just tearing up my yard. The real test will be on the trails. But I have to say I am truly impressed so far with this sled. It just flat out ROCKS!.