My conversation with Danny Gagnon, Director General FCMQ

Saguenay Bill

The FCMQ is in the Saguenay area for the next couple of days as this is Snowmobile Safety Week. They arrived at the Delta yesterday afternoon. At breakfast I ran into Danny Gagnon, who I had met at the Toronto show in October. He told me that last week he worked exclusively on the Stud matter. He is certain that this will be lifted as he is rewriting the current law. The Quebec Tourisme people are on board with the FCMQ. Attached is the press release that was issued by the FCMQ. The last paragraph has the Minister's email address and Danny would like all snowmobilers to email him with your comments but please be cordial in your response,

http://fcmq.qc.ca/communique-de-presse/

Edited by Saguenay Bill

I second the acknowledgment thanking you for your efforts. Below is a copy my brief note and the response from the office of Transport Minister, Mr. Robert Poëti.

Patrick M. O’Reilly

xx xxxxxxxxxx xx.
xxxxx xxxxxx, NY xxxxx
Dear Sirs;
I write to ask you to reconsider the recent prohibition wherein snowmobiles equipped with studs are prohibited from crossing roadways at trail / road junctions. Snow machines outfitted with studs have in part made the snow machine industry much safer. To encourage persons to operate snow machines without studs is at a minimum negligent as accidents and deaths, as they are associated with snowmobiles will increase . Please reconsider this recent law change. If enforced the recent law will have a ripple effect on the Quebec economy as it relates in part to tourism, snow machine registrations and lodging.
For further comment I may be reached at pmoreilly@optonline.net . or by U.S. mail at xx xxxxxxxxxx xx, xxxx xxxxxx.
Thank you for your time and concern on this matter.
Respectfully and sincerely,
Patrick M. O’Reilly

On behalf of the Transport Minister, Mr. Robert Poëti, I acknowledge receipt of your message.

Rest assured that we will take your comments into consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Adjointe du directeur de cabinet

Cabinet du ministre des Transports et

ministre responsable de la région de Montréal
Édifice de la Haute-Ville
700, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
29e étage
Québec (Québec) G1R 5H1
Téléphone : 418 643-6980
Télécopieur : 418 643-2033