Trail conditions I noticed this year,

Shore1066

Something different i noticed this year. In no way am I bringing this up in a negative way. I have been riding in Quebec for over ten years and this is the first year I have encountered the trails being beat up so much making me think I may be on Tug Hill where there is so much traffic. Now is this from maybe the clubs due to the economy being pour, that the trail pass sales are down and they need more to keep the trails perfect or maybe it was the conditions. Well there is one more thing that I noticed this year and I don't want any one take this the wrong way. I noticed the amount of off trail sleds with the 2 and 3 inch paddle tracks that are on the trails going to their off trail locations. I just don't remember the trails being so choppy leaving the corners before. I didn't see any more traffic then previous years and I met the groomer as often. I did watch the off trail sleds, when I seen them and it wasn't a lot that when they took off there was a lot of snow being disturbed. I never looked to check trail pass stickers on their sleds and I assumed they all have one. Anyway this is something I noticed and was wondering if anyone may have had the same thoughts. Look I'm don't want anyone to think I am against off trail sleds being on the trails. Hopefully I just had a bad experience or maybe getting old. I just hope I didn't piss any one off for this post.

Not sure where exactly you spent most of your time riding this year but I can tell you that there was essentially NO RIDING available for most of the year in Vermont, NH, and most parts of Maine so a lot of traffic was diverted North of the St. Lawrence valley. Even there, there were some areas that had low snow conditions there for 1/2 the season so again, a lot of areas north had a lot more snowmobiles riding what snow was available.

10 - 4 Capril19,

Many areas had way more traffic than typical.

*late start to the "riding season"

*poor snow in PA, Mass, NY, VT, Maine and much of Ontario, for most of the season.

*even when there was decent snow, lack of low temps early, meant lots of waterways, sloughs, and lakes were not frozen, which caused a lot of "connect-ability" issues.