iceman

2016-2017 Shawingan Snow Reports

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Triggerhappy said:

Don,

 

You going to be around this weekend?  Thinking of coming up again.  The weather looks good for this weekend there.

Around but not sure if I will ride. Depends where. Free weekend a bit crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I saw it was the free weekend, but I was hoping if we went east it wouldn't be as bad, as many of those trails are open and fields.  Your input of course would be best.  Just seeing if it would be worth the drive up or not.  Weather report wise, are you seeing decent weather through then?  what I have seen seems to be pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

Yeah I saw it was the free weekend, but I was hoping if we went east it wouldn't be as bad, as many of those trails are open and fields.  Your input of course would be best.  Just seeing if it would be worth the drive up or not.  Weather report wise, are you seeing decent weather through then?  what I have seen seems to be pretty good. 

Weather fine for weekend. Showing warm just at freezing. Then could be Rain monday and tuesday, unless things change. But showing +6c and rain Tues right now. That is not the end of things but will be a setback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iceman said:

Weather fine for weekend. Showing warm just at freezing. Then could be Rain monday and tuesday, unless things change. But showing +6c and rain Tues right now. That is not the end of things but will be a setback. 

That is why I am thinking of coming up this Friday.  I got your message and I will keep you posted.  Thanks Don!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ice,

 

I booked a room at Drakkar this Friday.  It sounds like it should be a great weekend to ride.  Let me know if you will be around.  Yesterday was great on the trails.  Groomers did there thing and we put on 100 miles, got lunch and got out of there before traffic came out.  Hit two police check points and they were nice with no problems.  The second he was shooting radar on the long straight going west before you hit the turn at 351 (just before Relais Station).  I could see a long way up the trail a guy jump out into the trail and I knew it would be an officer shooting so I settled down and rode in nicely to meet them.  No mention of speed at all.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

Ice,

 

I booked a room at Drakkar this Friday.  It sounds like it should be a great weekend to ride.  Let me know if you will be around.  Yesterday was great on the trails.  Groomers did there thing and we put on 100 miles, got lunch and got out of there before traffic came out.  Hit two police check points and they were nice with no problems.  The second he was shooting radar on the long straight going west before you hit the turn at 351 (just before Relais Station).  I could see a long way up the trail a guy jump out into the trail and I knew it would be an officer shooting so I settled down and rode in nicely to meet them.  No mention of speed at all.  :) 

Glad your Sunday was a good one. I'll come to Drakkar either Friday or Saturday night. I leave Sunday Afternoon I think or Monday Morning for my next week out. So I am probably not riding this weekend. See you at Reggies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 January

-1c snowing started about 20 minutes ago. Also very windy.

schools throughout the area were closed this morning before it even started snowing. Mark your calendars as this is a rare event in QC. Kids don't get many Snow days in their lifetime. However, even with schools being a teacher closed mrs ice had to go in anyway. Cest la vie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iceman said:

24 January

-1c snowing started about 20 minutes ago. Also very windy.

schools throughout the area were closed this morning before it even started snowing. Mark your calendars as this is a rare event in QC. Kids don't get many Snow days in their lifetime. However, even with schools being a teacher closed mrs ice had to go in anyway. Cest la vie. 

You sure she didn't go to get her nails done ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

You sure she didn't go to get her nails done ?

Actually yes, that is where she went after she got paroled from school this afternoon. Like the postal service, neither rain, nor sleet or hail and snow will stop her from getting those nails done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iceman said:

24 January

-1c snowing started about 20 minutes ago. Also very windy.

schools throughout the area were closed this morning before it even started snowing. Mark your calendars as this is a rare event in QC. Kids don't get many Snow days in their lifetime. However, even with schools being a teacher closed mrs ice had to go in anyway. Cest la vie. 

Hi Iceman, How did you guy's make out in your area with this storm? Just making sure there is not a lot of tree damage from the heavy wet snow and ice. We are starting a saddlebag trip in Shawinigan this Thursday AM and heading up to Lac St Jean area. Thank you for any info..Mainebound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mainebound,

storm is still storming here. All snow here with a little ice pellets mixed in earlier this afternoon. Should be beautiful for you. More snow thursday they say. This one not done yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 January 

1c 

looking like a winter wonderland. Solid 10" new snow. Still some furrries. Got a bit of deneigement to do.

will post you up some pics a bit later

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.