Let's hope he is right

artcat900

BLOCKBUSTER US/CANADA WINTER 2008-09?

Because of the lingering cool pool over the heart of the North American continent, stretching from Alaska, Nunavut, Hudson Bay down through the central Plains and Midwest, a by-product to last winter, I believe because of just the INTENSITY OF THE LA NINA and the reluctant warming of the eastern Equatorial Pacific, this La Nina casted atmosphere is becoming the groundwork laid through this summer to what we may be looking at this upcoming winter season. The faded La Nina and turn to neutral has allowed cool pools to exist throughout the 2008 summer and because of strong potential of a neutral or return to La Nina means that even last winter, will impact the upcoming winter and this may lead to last winter being a harbinger of what could be an even colder US and North America winter to come. Perhaps last winter only being a tease. This is merely personal speculation and I could be very wrong but many many things that point to global warming is struggling to keep heads above water. Countless articles published in the 20s and 30s that cried a warming global climatic disaster are surfacing and although these patterns in play now are by no means a definitive message of things to come in terms of global cooling we can look back at history and see that we have been here before when we measure up our current climatic pattern and realise the cooling that returned after a similar warm episode back in the 1930s and 40s. We will see warming again when the next El Nino turns up.

However as we continue a downward trend in solar activity and a transition to a cold PDO. Last winter’s La Nina could hold a significant key to what could be a major flip in the global climate system and flip to colder temperatures.

The term I have dubbed “The La Nina Domino Effect” can occur and I believe is occurring presently is only possible when the PDO turns negative and La Nina’s are more prevalent. El Nino’s of course can and do occur during cold PDO episodes but produce less El Nino and more La Nina’s. The El Nino that do occur don’t become strong.

The overall Equatorial Pacific cold-temperature feedback to ridge-trough positions have allowed a distinct pooling of cold air over key regions of the world for the past 8 to 10 months that cry out cold, cold, cold this coming winter if things remain as forecast.

here is the link to the rest of the story if your interested

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.a...mino_effect.asp