Things are looking up!

arubenstein

The strengthening of the USD today is essentially the antonym of what took place earlier this year and in 2007. Hedge funds and others were betting against the dollar and US GDP growth. Because these moves were as much speculation as anything else, and because greed overcame rational thought, these funds and managers overloaded on these positions essentially betting against the U.S. and its abilities believing more in Europe than in its own work force. Now what you are seeing is the "unwinding" of these positions (i.e. FORCED selling) because these gambles didn't pan out and Europe is not the shining star these guys thought it was. As European banks and reserves are looking at steep interest rate cuts the reverse is happeneing and the USD is gaining strength.

Although a strong dollar is great for us when we travel to ride the best trails in the world, an over valued USD is not a good thing long term either.

BRING ON THE SNOW! :good::yahoo::clapping:

Oh, here comes the shameless plug....yes I am Financial Planner! :drinks:

The strengthening of the USD today is essentially the antonym of what took place earlier this year and in 2007.

Oh, here comes the shameless plug....yes I am Financial Planner! :drinks:

I don't agree. From where I am sitting, it is not the strength of the dollar that is causing this. It is the fact this so-called recession is hitting other economies hard than it is hitting us.

I don't agree. From where I am sitting, it is not the strength of the dollar that is causing this. It is the fact this so-called recession is hitting other economies hard than it is hitting us.

It is hitting them harder than us partly because their currency was over valued relative to the dollar causing less imports to U.S. i.e. less purchasing of foreign goods by U.S. consumers and industry. We are still the largest ecoonomy in the world by a factor of 10. Although we may be smaller on a global scale than we once were, the U.S. is still the safest haven and best place to do business. Therefore, foreign investors are back and buying U.S. Treasury debt thereby again creating a stronger dollar.

Hey Shane, How are things...

I just went to my brothers wedding down in Connecticut last week-end...The dollar sucked for me. I should have paid for my hotel room when I reserved it, back when the dollar was at par. It would have saved me a few bucks, becuase I was there for 5 days. Oh Well, I had a great time....

I bought some parts from Port Yamaha in summer and the exchange and the prices were a great deal compared to buying around here.

I'm ready for snow too...

Hey Shane, How are things...

I just went to my brothers wedding down in Connecticut last week-end...The dollar sucked for me. I should have paid for my hotel room when I reserved it, back when the dollar was at par. It would have saved me a few bucks, becuase I was there for 5 days. Oh Well, I had a great time....

I bought some parts from Port Yamaha in summer and the exchange and the prices were a great deal compared to buying around here.

I'm ready for snow too...

HEY Arctic how the hell are ya? All is well here. Can't wait for snow. Hopefully we will ride together this winter. Give me a call when you can.

Shane 518-281-7963 :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...
HEY Arctic how the hell are ya? All is well here. Can't wait for snow. Hopefully we will ride together this winter. Give me a call when you can.

Shane 518-281-7963 :yahoo:

Hey Shane, Yesl, that was a shameless plug!

hope to see you somewhere this winter.

here, let me blow your cover with a real photo of you! HA! Ooops, that didn't work for some reasonl, It said dynamic images not allowed. Oh well, I guess if people want to see photos of you in your boat and on your VTX, they shoulld visit

http://www.zenwaiterwest.com/june2005LakeGeorgeboating.htm

I hope a link is allowed here.

Is that the 13 or the 18?

cheers!

zw