New member, First post.

TDI-HAM

Nice to see a new site to check out. Living all my life and riding in Quebec for almost 30 years, hopefully I will be able to post some helpful info on trail conditions and any other useful info on our sport. We are looking at about November 3rd for our first ride this year- Parc des Laurentides up around L'Etape might do it. We ended our season this year April 11th. Relais du nord to Mont Apica and back-308 kilometers. Not bad considering we really didn't have a good dumping of snow this past season. I won't go into a long explanation of how great the ride was, but the pictures should say it all. Yes April 11th.....

Your right on the money "The Cabane du Bell". We left from the red roof restaurant and the Cabane was out first stop to meet up with some others we were 22 sleds all together. I would probably put it down as one of the best rides I ever did. The weather was amazing and the trail had been dragged up the the fork to go down to L'etape. After that it was a bit of a workout, but was better than sitting in my office!!

Nice pic's TDI-HAM! 22 sleds, it must be hard to keep everyone on the same page?
You know I'll be honest with you- We had people from 25 years old to 75 years old in the group. I had ridden once before in a big group and decided I would never do it again. This outing however was great. The slower people stayed in a group, and the faster paced ones were in a group....

In the 154 kilometer going up - we stopped 3 times everyone regrouped, take a break Then we'd take off again. The one nice thing about this ride was my buddy and I did not know anyone else and yet the we almost felt like we knew everyone. Very friendly group of riders, and the great thing was nobody was trying to impress another, the most people had at lunch was 1 beer, and one one occasion there was one guy that passed another sled in a bit of a "could have been an incident", and that person was basically told- We are here to enjoy ourselves, don't go aout and ruin it for others. He apologized imediately

and there were no hard feelings. This group of people are absolute hardcore sledders- They ride about 10 to 12000 kilometers per year. They are out to enjoy the sport and don't care if your sled is faster than theirs. Maybe yours is, but they will ride 4 times as much in a winter as you. You wana be fast or you wanna go out and ride..

You know I'll be honest with you- We had people from 25 years old to 75 years old in the group. I had ridden once before in a big group and decided I would never do it again. This outing however was great. The slower people stayed in a group, and the faster paced ones were in a group....

In the 154 kilometer going up - we stopped 3 times everyone regrouped, take a break Then we'd take off again. The one nice thing about this ride was my buddy and I did not know anyone else and yet the we almost felt like we knew everyone. Very friendly group of riders, and the great thing was nobody was trying to impress another, the most people had at lunch was 1 beer, and one one occasion there was one guy that passed another sled in a bit of a "could have been an incident", and that person was basically told- We are here to enjoy ourselves, don't go aout and ruin it for others. He apologized imediately

and there were no hard feelings. This group of people are absolute hardcore sledders- They ride about 10 to 12000 kilometers per year. They are out to enjoy the sport and don't care if your sled is faster than theirs. Maybe yours is, but they will ride 4 times as much in a winter as you. You wana be fast or you wanna go out and ride..

Well said, TDI-HAM!! Welcome aboard!

timbo