Mont Tremblant park

Je me souviens

Had another great 2 day event in St-Donat. 310 Friday, 110 Saturday. Great trail conditions 90% of the time. St-Donat, Saint-Michel, La Macaza, St come, Notre Dame de la Merci, all in pristine shape. Check out the pics.

Had another great 2 day event in St-Donat. 310 Friday, 110 Saturday. Great trail conditions 90% of the time. St-Donat, Saint-Michel, La Macaza, St come, Notre Dame de la Merci, all in pristine shape. Check out the pics.

Thanks for the post!! How did the new 4-stroke work / compare?

Tracy mon,

It is exactly 128 miles to the hotel/unloading spot, from my house. Two stop signs and 110 miles of interstate, then 18 miles of 2 lane highway. It took 2 and a quarter hours to get from home to trail. Hopefully no Ski-Boom this year, if so 3 year engine warranty will have to go into use.

Snowbound,

The 4 stroke is a renegade. My 800R got slightly better gas mileage, short track to short track would probably be about the same fuel consumption, minus the oil obviously. The 4 stroke doesn't seem to deliver the weight transfer that the 800 does, but it has such a linear power band that it seems to accelerate evenly throughout the RPM's. Where as the R feels like a caged gorilla trying to break free when you hammer down. On the lake we had a rolling start 25-30 MPH, they were ski to ski till about 80, then I pulled out on him a little, I repeat a "little", we let off somewhere after 80. We are both running the 2 per bar stud pattern, 84 on a shorty, 90 something on the gade. I think the 3 lunger has longer legs, i.e. top speed. But I didn't feel like having to change a belt first thing in the morning, so we never found out who has the most top end. The GPS said 104 top speed, and there was a little left to go full out. But I never usually want to do more than 75-80 anyway. For those of you who are thinking I am completely insane, the speeds I am referring to are on clear, straight runs where this is as safe as it will ever be. Like a groomed lake run in daylight with a clear line of vision for miles. In the woods, trail speeds hover form 40 to 50MPH. With all this in mind the 800R was keeping a 14-15 miles per gallon consumption rate. It's no E-tec, but it's way better than my 01 600 ever was.

TDI-HAM,

La montagne Noire, was a great spot to take some pics. As soon as we got to the summit and shut the sleds down, a pair of Canada Jay's stopped in for a snack, unfortunately, bird seed is not on my must carry on me at all times, list. Here's a few more from the summit.