2005 600 sdi

momojohnny

Hey everybody, well I started her up last week. 14k+ miles, what do ya think, re-ring the old girl or leave it be..........?

Check your compression. If one side is 10 PSI different from the other rering. Otherwise keep running it. Do you know the procedure for checking? If not go to dootalk and do a search. I've 18,000 on one of mine and the compression is only 5PSI between the two cylinders. I'll keep running it.

Check your compression. If one side is 10 PSI different from the other rering. Otherwise keep running it. Do you know the procedure for checking? If not go to dootalk and do a search. I've 18,000 on one of mine and the compression is only 5PSI between the two cylinders. I'll keep running it. Hi,yep thats the thing to do, its kinda burried in the garage to check the comp. It was 145 last year with 11 k. I just want to pop in and say Hi, Bill Im just down the road in Ashland, on Squam Lake. Looking foward to meeting you soon. Sorry I havent been able to attend the summer party. I build boats (canoes ) for a living and its my busy time of yr.. Ill look for you at the grass drags if I go. Michael RangerCanoe.com

• 3 weeks later...

my 04 has 15000 miles so I know what you are going through.

Ditto on the comp.test.

If you like working on your sled take off your header pipe, spark plugs, and your reed cages. Now with a flashlight and a magnifying glass you can inspect the rings, piston skirts,cylinder walls, almost the whole top end. Not to mention inspecting all the parts you took off as well. Maybe spray a little BBQ black paint on your Y pipe while it's off. Grease that steering column fitting you can otherwise never reach. Spend a whole day. Take some cell phone pictures so you can get all the wires and things back exactly the same way they were.