347 River trail open and rideable all the way?

snowrider3

Our group is looking for the quickest most efficient route to get from Shawinigan to Mattatwin this weekend 2/20. We were wondering if the current condition of the 347 river trail is safe and good all the way until it exits up towards the 360 trail? Is the 318, 351?, 360 trail around a better option at this point and in good condition? Thanks in advance

I rode up the river last week on the 11th, if was open all the way, alot of ice with very little snow cover on it

Thanks for the info Bobler. Is it a quicker way than going around the other way for sure? Is there enough slider lube? Would you recommend doing it again this weekend? Your info is very much appreciated. Thanks again

Thanks for the info Bobler. Is it a quicker way than going around the other way for sure? Is there enough slider lube? Would you recommend doing it again this weekend? Your info is very much appreciated. Thanks again

I am headed back up that way next week and will be taking 360 instead of the river. I had no studs and the wind was actually blowing me sideways a couple of times

• 1 year later...

The 347/river has plenty of crumbs now. We rode it both ways this past week. There're a few bumps up by Richard's, but then it's a clean rip. The 351/318 isn't bad, but the river is WAY faster, like a quarter of the time.

It snowed a lot since then. Dave, next time you're around, please come and say hello. Richard