Leaving Monday

wng-2

Good morning guys, My riding partner is now available to leave. I reserved the last room at the hotel in Fort Kent, Maine for this coming Monday the 12th. We plan to cross into the Lower St Lawrence region of Quebec on Tuesday. I have no reservations made yet. My initial thought was to take the ferry at Matane, and ride the North Shore. Perhaps head West from there to get to the Mountain elevations. But I fear there will be a lot of people hitting that area for the same reason? Where would we stay? There is also a heat wave predicted for the weekend, and there is a section between Mont Joli and Matane showing yellow now... I realize the app is not the tell all, that's why I am looking for advice here from folks who are on these trails. I am leaning toward reserving in Riviere Du Loup for a couple days and play on the green trails. If it turns to crap, we can just come home. I appreciate any input. It's been pretty near two decades since I have done anything on the North Shore. 

Edited by wng-2

If you have to take the ferry twice that sure burns up a lot of time. Know a few people that have been to Mont Valin recently. Reports are lots of snow and lots of people. They can’t keep up with the grooming for the amount of traffic that is there. Half of Ontario is going to Mont Valin because of no snow in Ontario.

How many days of riding you plan? Between RDL and spend a couple days in Northern New Brunswick could make a great trip.

7 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

If you have to take the ferry twice that sure burns up a lot of time. Know a few people that have been to Mont Valin recently. Reports are lots of snow and lots of people. They can’t keep up with the grooming for the amount of traffic that is there. Half of Ontario is going to Mont Valin because of no snow in Ontario.

How many days of riding you plan? Between RDL and spend a couple days in Northern New Brunswick could make a great trip.

Thank you. Good information.  We are retired, so no time limit. Just need everything else to fall into place.....

Edited by wng-2

1 hour ago, wng-2 said:

Good morning guys, My riding partner is now available to leave. I reserved the last room at the hotel in Fort Kent, Maine for this coming Monday the 13th. We plan to cross into the Lower St Lawrence region of Quebec on Tuesday. I have no reservations made yet. My initial thought was to take the ferry at Matane, and ride the North Shore. Perhaps head West from there to get to the Mountain elevations. But I fear there will be a lot of people hitting that area for the same reason? Where would we stay? There is also a heat wave predicted for the weekend, and there is a section between Mont Joli and Matane showing yellow now... I realize the app is not the tell all, that's why I am looking for advice here from folks who are on these trails. I am leaning toward reserving in Riviere Du Loup for a couple days and play on the green trails. If it turns to crap, we can just come home. I appreciate any input. It's been pretty near two decades since I have done anything on the North Shore. 

Just so you know and your reservations aren't screwed up Monday is the 12th.