Bad gaz

TILEPRO

Yes there are a lot of additives but nothing is as good as FRESH FUEL!!! Someone made the comment about a lot of early season troubles, at the end of the season you should do next seasons prep work, drain the fuel from the tank and carburetors if you have carburetors and leave them empty until next season 2 stoke or 4 stroke. Older sleds should have the fuel lines replaced with new ethanol approved fuel hose unless you have the clear plastic line you can see through. Floats and needle valves just do not like to sit in stagnant degrading fuel for 9 or 10 months!! Fuel injected sleds fair a little better but should have fuel treatment before storage and run the engine a while after putting it in. The best kept secret to all storage is to store it someplace that stays around the same temperature preferably cool,like a dark basement, but not damp, this makes a world of difference. If your sled is not prepped and sit in your trailer in the blazing sun and then cools at night these vented tanks and fuel systems will evaporate the fuel and the shit left behind in the float bowls will wash into the carburetor circuits on start up next season and narrow down the arteries and run the engine lean and hot and you will surely burn down. That is just the way it is with seasonal equipment from boats to lawn mowers and sleds and snow blowers. If you can afford a sled and a trip or two to Canada you can afford to stop at the dealer on the last trip home in the spring to prevent engine failure on next seasons first ride, and I bet this cost much less than pistons and cylinders. NOW SOMEBODY DO A SNOW DANCE SO WE CAN RIDE!!

/quote]

Unfortunately the "fresh fuel" that is bought today is basically garbage the second it is pumped out at the gas station. My failure came at around mile 700 for the season, so it was not the old fuel left in the tank. I am not saying that you are wrong, you are in fact correct that every one needs to get the old fuel left in the tank from last season out and replace it. All I am trying to say is that you have a much better chance at getting bad fuel at the pump today more than ever before and it is absolutely lethal for 2's.