St. Zenon Trail Report 1-11-11

viper2

Talked to my dad tonight about todays ride. They left LeCabanon this morning and headed to the Barrage. They took the 360 to 33 north to Repos. Trails were good once again with a few rocks here and there. Took the 345 back down and that was also good, trails had just been groomed last night. I didn't ask him the mileage for today but but it should have been about 175 miles or so. Very happy with the conditions they were expecting thinner conditions and more ice, but the groomers have done an excellent job.

Wednesday they left LeCabanon and headed southeast toward Lac Blanc. He said once they got out of the Zec and started getting further south and out more in the open the trails were getting pretty thin and more ice. They decided not to go all the way to Lac Blanc because of the conditions. They did put on about 130 miles and for the most part the trails were pretty good. It snowed in the afternoon and they ended up with about 2". The southern part of the region could surely use a good dump, but the northern area is pretty good and a 4"or 6"snowfall would make it great. Due to the fact there are a couple inexperienced riders they are not putting on alot af mileage, but overall my dad is happy with the conditions. They are planning to go to Mattawin today I will post when I hear from him. Sorry if the reports are a little vauge but it is information I am getting over the phone from someone who is riding. :drinks:

Any trail updates are better than no updates. It sounds like trails are slowly starting to improve. I just hope that continues. I hope your friend enjoys his experience.