Mauricie region

mcstar

I was looking at the Mauricie map and on trail 83 between Weymontacie and Relay 22 there is a local trail going down to Pouvoirie Windigo.

On trail 73 north of La Tuque there is a local trail going to Pouvoirie Duplessis.

Both of these establishments are on the Resevoir Blanc and don't look that far apart.

Has anyone cut across this resevoir to go from one to other?

Martine & Daniel @ Windigo gave us directions from there across the reservoir to 73. It was a great ride. Easy to follow the tracks. But it's big, so we used the GPS to confirm. Just as they'd said, there was a house with an orange roof toward the end. Then there was a nice little local trail that took us right to 73.

Martine & Daniel @ Windigo gave us directions from there across the reservoir to 73. It was a great ride. Easy to follow the tracks. But it's big, so we used the GPS to confirm. Just as they'd said, there was a house with an orange roof toward the end. Then there was a nice little local trail that took us right to 73.

Thanks, We would be coming up from La Tuque, do you think the trail leading off 73 to the resevoir is marked?

Do you have any GPS co-ordinates? We want to do a 3 day loop and dont think we can do it the long way (one lady is her 1st time saddle bagging)

I have the Windigo trail on my GPS, so if I find the trail to resevoir, I may find my way to windigo, have lunch and continue!

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry we didn't run the GPS the whole time to get a waypoint. But if you're using a unit just look for the point on 73 that's closest to Lac Tourouvre. There was just a little berm off of a turn on 73, and it wasn't marked as an "official" intersection.

Sorry we didn't run the GPS the whole time to get a waypoint. But if you're using a unit just look for the point on 73 that's closest to Lac Tourouvre. There was just a little berm off of a turn on 73, and it wasn't marked as an "official" intersection.

Thanks, did you do that this year?

I saw there is a difference in the 73 trail from last years map.